FracTool - for power users only

Will it preserve the preset numbers and scenes from my Axe-Fx II?
Preset number will be whatever slot(s) you load into...

Scenes are part of the preset so should be preserved.

It's free, try it out. I'm sure you'll like i

Edit:

Just noticed my post got truncated. The last line should have said:

It's free, try it out. I'm sure you'll like it and make a nice donation ;)

Last edited:
Third donation sent. :) Easily worth it to me; can't believe how fast you turned the III support. Very nice! It keeps popping up on me telling me to Donate though. ;) I click on I already have but it is popping up like crazy... anyway to 'register' it or something?

Just wondering how hard it would be to add a preference to FracTool to assign your controllers to your setup. For me i'm using MFC with 3 expression pedals, whatever I convert assigns those to Pedal 1. Not a big deal to go in and change it to the appropriate pedal, and I assume most but not all will be buying an FC when available.

Just wondering how hard it would be to add a preference to FracTool to assign your controllers to your setup. For me i'm using MFC with 3 expression pedals, whatever I convert assigns those to Pedal 1. Not a big deal to go in and change it to the appropriate pedal, and I assume most but not all will be buying an FC when available.
It's a bug, will be fixed, eventually ;)

Is there a code repository for this tool? I have experience developing in a few coding languages. I'd like to help if possible and possibly come up with and test new features. At the least, I'd like to have my own code base to tinker with my own unit. Let me know if we can arrange something @AlGrenadine

Before you updated FracTool to convert presets to the Axe-Fx III, I was beginning to look around for a way to decipher the .syx files. Hexadecimal editor plainly showed the preset name but everything else was a mix of characters. I'd like to find a way to mess with the guts of it.
No sorry, i can't share the sourcecode as it embeds important informations from Fractal Audio i'm not able to share

FracTool 2.83 is available :
- Fixes Wah and Tremolo bypass states
- Fixes Input1 was sometimes bypassed
- Mutes unused cab slots in cab block
- Fixes PresetBank export to single AxeFx III presets
- Fixes modifiers controller id when converting to III
- Fixes AxeFx III preset drop on icon in FracTool

Known issues : synth blocks don't translate well, fixed in next release

Last edited:
this version really seems to be speedier and definitely more accurate. More Complex patches now appear to need less , if any, tweaking...the real test will be what it does to @Moke 's stuff, which has been at times challenging to FracTool....

Is there a way to re-size the FracTool window in Windows 7? I have a 22 inch monitor @1680 x 1050 resolution and the FracTool window doesn't fit on the screen. I can't move it up enough to see if I can re-size it from the bottom-right corner. I can't do it from the top-right corner.

Is there a way to re-size the FracTool window in Windows 7? I have a 22 inch monitor @1680 x 1050 resolution and the FracTool window doesn't fit on the screen. I can't move it up enough to see if I can re-size it from the bottom-right corner. I can't do it from the top-right corner.
Resize is bottom right as usual

Then move the window until you can

Gee, why didn't I think of that. ;)

I do, but I run out of room. I can only grab the FracTool window within the menu bar (highlighted in red) and when I move it up as far as I can, I still don't see the bottom right-hand corner.

upload_2018-6-20_9-41-31.png

upload_2018-6-20_9-45-25.png

Back
Top Bottom