FracTool - for power users only

It is entirely possible. It's a killer machine though. 4080 nvidia, 13k, 64gb ram. More likely a driver conflict. Many factors at play here including the 10 usb devices connected but regardless I have no other issues that show up. Only fractool. All my daw software is flawless. No issues with axe edit either.
I wish there was a debug I could look at that tells me something. I guess a log file would be my WISH request for the next version. Like I said when it works, it works. I use fractool most often to make a speadsheet of my cabs to presets so I know which IRs are unused. It works well when it connects. When it doesn't, it's a program that won't close and crashes my system. Axe edit connects every time so I don't think it's the axe driver.

Last edited:
It is entirely possible. It's a killer machine though. 4080 nvidia, 13k, 64gb ram. More likely a driver conflict. Many factors at play here including the 10 usb devices connected but regardless I have no other issues that show up. Only fractool. All my daw software is flawless. No issues with axe edit either.
I wish there was a debug I could look at that tells me something. I guess a log file would be my WISH request for the next version. Like I said when it works, it works. I use fractool most often to make a speadsheet of my cabs to presets so I know which IRs are unused. It works well when it connects. When it doesn't, it's a program that won't close and crashes my system. Axe edit connects every time so I don't think it's the axe driver.
@AlGrenadine
I did some more work on this today. I have an USB MOTU midi interface, and I notice that when Fractool starts up it broadcasts out looking a Fractal unit. I saw the MOTU lights flicker as Fractool started up. What would happen if the MOTU didn't respond properly?
I'll continue to try to pinpoint things. thanks

@AlGrenadine
I did some more work on this today. I have a USB MOTU midi interface, and I notice that when Fractool starts up it broadcasts out looking a Fractal unit. I saw the MOTU lights flicker as Fractool started up. What would happen if the MOTU didn't respond properly?
I'll continue to try to pinpoint things. thanks
Nothing
It sends the fractal sysex to get the connected model. If no answer nothing happens

Nothing
It sends the fractal sysex to get the connected model. If no answer nothing happens
Ok thanks. The MOTU is usb but is 5x5 DIN. It receives the message via USB and then forwards it out all 5 DIN ports. Just checking to see if it's related. Regardless, I'll unplug it every time I use Fractool to see if I ever have problems again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom