FracTool - for power users only

Has Frac pad stopped working?..I downloaded the midimtr update, that connects fine to my Yamaha MDBtooth thing, but the frac pad ( 1.16 ) just hangs and wont connect. The little midi boxes at the bottom of the screen say Network!..I can change these to the Yam BT option ,but makes no difference it just hangs...worked perfectly on 2 axe's for me up until now....is it just me or is there an issue currently?

Has Frac pad stopped working?..I downloaded the midimtr update, that connects fine to my Yamaha MDBtooth thing, but the frac pad ( 1.16 ) just hangs and wont connect. The little midi boxes at the bottom of the screen say Network!..I can change these to the Yam BT option ,but makes no difference it just hangs...worked perfectly on 2 axe's for me up until now....is it just me or is there an issue currently?
Works here,
Disable midimittr midi over network maybe ?

Btw, it's the FracTool topic here ;)

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to convert some Axe FX II XL presets to Axe FX Mark 1 version presets. When I opened up Fractool today to do this I was prompted to update to version 2.64, which I did. Now when i do the conversion the presets I end up with, when loaded into Axe Edit or into the Axe FX II Mark 1, are completely blank, no name, no FX blocks. When you view them in Fractool, they look normal, everything is there including the FX blocks and correct preset name. I've tried converting individual presets and entire banks and the result is the same. Prior to updating Fractool today I was using version 2.60 with no problems. I wish I could revert to this version, but unfortunately I haven't got it anymore and I can't find any older versions online anywhere either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are you on q9. 04 ?

No, I'm using Q6.03. I'm about to go off on tour for some months and I have a lot of complex patches. I've tried the Q9 firmware update and wasn't that keen on it and I would need to alter a large number of patches to get it sounding right. If the firmware update is the cause of the problem, is there any way you could make an older version of Fractool available to me, v2.60 for example?

Thank you very much for your help.

No sorry, use the latest Q9.04 and it will work

Well I have 140 concerts to play over the next 9 months starting from next week and I'm using two different sets of backline, which includes both an XL and a Mark I. I quite simply haven't got the time to update the firmware at the moment and edit all my sounds to account for the firmware change. Other than for this particular issue I also don't feel the need to update, as I'm perfectly happy with how things sound at the moment. It would be wonderful and it would solve my problem if you could simply make an older version of your fine piece of software available to me, as it was working perfectly for me prior to the update, but never mind if you can't, I'll just have to deal with things the tedious way and do lots of copying of parameters :). Thank you for your help and thank you for creating Fractool.

Well I have 140 concerts to play over the next 9 months starting from next week and I'm using two different sets of backline, which includes both an XL and a Mark I. I quite simply haven't got the time to update the firmware at the moment and edit all my sounds to account for the firmware change. Other than for this particular issue I also don't feel the need to update, as I'm perfectly happy with how things sound at the moment. It would be wonderful and it would solve my problem if you could simply make an older version of your fine piece of software available to me, as it was working perfectly for me prior to the update, but never mind if you can't, I'll just have to deal with things the tedious way and do lots of copying of parameters :). Thank you for your help and thank you for creating Fractool.
I don't keep old versions

No, I'm using Q6.03. I'm about to go off on tour for some months and I have a lot of complex patches. I've tried the Q9 firmware update and wasn't that keen on it and I would need to alter a large number of patches to get it sounding right. If the firmware update is the cause of the problem, is there any way you could make an older version of Fractool available to me, v2.60 for example?

Thank you very much for your help.

Here's the Windows FracTool v2.60 in my Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5szw0qjxxtb0zk/FracTool v2.60 2017-11-29_1519.exe?dl=0

You will need to disable your internet before opening it or block it with a firewall rule or edit your host file. Also, most antivirus programs will false positive and delete the file because it phones home to verify the version, so it can auto update. I added my FracTool folder to my antivirus exception list, so it doesn't mess with any files in the folder. You may have to disable your antivirus to download it. Another way to protect the file is to zip the file with a password, so antivirus won't randomly delete it. I append the password to the end of the file name, so I don't forget it.

I definitely recommend using Dropbox to save files bc it allows you to recover files within 30 days.

Let me know if you have problems downloading it and then I'll zip it with a password.

Hi Al;
A question/suggestion.
Having already FracPad as editor and Axe Change for Android devices...
Do you think it would be possible or viable at some point a version FracTools for Android too?
In cases where you do not have a PC windows or mac would be an interesting option.
What do you think?

Yes it would be possible but i don't see a good workflow for it...
Anyway, FracPad already translates presets between various fasDevices on Android and ios

If you want to reset the Axe Fx2 / Ax8 and return to the factory presets (Q9.04 and banks A, B and C for example, in the case of the Fx2) for some reason or error when editing, or simply load another previous firmware ... you will need a tool only available for windows and mac.
I have read in a post that some people buy a tab with Windows, I understand that in that case you can have everything you need.
I think it would be the only missing tool that would be needed to use and have all the functionalities on Android devices.
I use my android tab as a computer for example.
It's just a suggestion.

Excuse me for my English.

FracTool 2.65 is available :
- Better zip files handling : drop a preset pack or bundle pack on the fasDevice icon or harddrive icon and start auditioning or converting directly !
- Bundles window : When dropped multiple bundles, a window with the list of bundles is displayed. In this window you can audition, export bundles. But now you can also convert to presets only the bundles, or export the cabs embedded in the bundles !
- Left click or right click on icons now open context menus for easier noob access ;)
- New License, see original post or disclaimer when launching FracTool

Back
Top Bottom