FracTool - for power users only

Watch out wiht those older versions of FracTool. As soon as you try to run them, thy'll force-update you to the latest version unless you've disconnected your Internet.
Really?!?!

I'm sure I ran 2.60 after 2.61 was posted... but perhaps I didn't. I do know I manually downloaded 2.61 Friday evening, overwriting my copy of 2.60, so... o_O

Thanks for the heads-up...

I have an issue after using Fractool. When I first used it to load a preset to my Ax8 the Ax8 got stuck on the bank page and two of the indicator lights on footswitches start blinking rapidly. I had to turn it off and it reset. The same thing now occasionally happens. It happened last night at a gig and I had to reset in the middle of a song. Anyone having this issue? Any suggestions?

I have an issue after using Fractool. When I first used it to load a preset to my Ax8 the Ax8 got stuck on the bank page and two of the indicator lights on footswitches start blinking rapidly. I had to turn it off and it reset. The same thing now occasionally happens. It happened last night at a gig and I had to reset in the middle of a song. Anyone having this issue? Any suggestions?
Yes, use Axe-Manage Presets in Axe-Edit. Don't know why you'd be loading presets into the Fractal during a gig, though. That's something you want to have done before the show.

Yes, use Axe-Manage Presets in Axe-Edit. Don't know why you'd be loading presets into the Fractal during a gig, though. That's something you want to have done before the show.

Wasn’t using it at gig. But, that situation still happened while scrolling through banks.

No. I used it at home. It happened first time I used it at home. Then during the gig I was going through banks looking for a preset I loaded and I noticed it happened.

Wasn’t using it at gig. But, that situation still happened while scrolling through banks.

Might just be a corrupt preset, especially if the unit is freezing on the same one every time. FracTool is not going to be the cause of locking up your Ax8 when you’re not even using it.

Al, there seems to be a bug in 2.61... although it may have been intended to be a "feature".

Previously, "type" would give the name of the amp or effect selected... now it's just the number!

Was this intentional? If so, I'm going to have to dig around to find a previous version... I need those names! :(

Edit: I just checked archive.axefx.fr, and unlike with Fractal's files, only 2.61 is hosted... any way of getting 2.60 (Windows version, please)?

Second edit: after loading a bank, the info window at the bottom is showing hundreds of cases of:

"No parameters informations found for "AxeFx II XL+" version "0x801""

or:

"No parameters informations found for "AX8" version "0x111""

... depending on what I've tried to load... :eek:
FracTool 2.62 is available : It fixes this bug and also adds the feature requested by @yek : press Escape on the grid window to close it

FracTool 2.62 is available : It fixes this bug and also adds the feature requested by @yek : press Escape on the grid window to close it

FracTool 2.63 is there (Yes, why not 2 releases a day ? ^^) : Adds HDPi screens support (thanks to @vangrieg )

Sadly, Avast is reporting the automated update to 2.63 as dangerous. :mad:

Time to download manually and see if I can run it that way! ;)

Edit: no joy attempting to run it manually! Avast won't let me open it.

What did you change that would elicit such a response? Avast didn't block 2.60 and 2.61! :(

@AlGrenadine .... I have a strange issue with compressor block #1 when converting a Mark 1 preset 2 XL or XL+? It's happened on a few presets before, and I thought I fixed it by re-building the preset from scratch. But it seems to showed up in a couple of presets again

For some reason, when these 2 Mark 1 presets are converted, the newly added Y state of the compressor block is acting strangely? I have created to test cases for you. I have included two Mark 1 test cases, as well both of the converted XL+ presets. Also a few screenshots.

Test case #1.... The newly created Y state in the XL and XL+ versions is being used in all scenes? Normally, the settings are applied to the X and the Y state, then the X state is used in all scenes, since the Mark 1 doesn't have X/Y in the compressor block.

Test case #2.... The newly created Y state in the XL and XL+ versions is being used in scenes 2, 3, 4, and 5? Strange that it acts different than test case #1? In this preset, there are also another strange anomaly in the output block (see screenshot #3).

These issues may be because of corrupt presets? But it's just strange that new information is being added to the scenes and the Y state (that doesn't exist in Mark 1?) Where is this extra information being generated from? And why only on a few rare presets?

Test case #1.... Y state in all scenes?
FracTool bug 1.png

Test case #2 - Scene #1, Comp 1X.....Scene #2, Comp 1Y
FracTool bug 2.png

Output block?
FracTool bug 3.png

Attachments

• Comp Bug Test 1 - Y (9.04)(AxeFx II XL+).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Comp Bug Test 1 - Y (9.04).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Comp Bug Test 2 - XY (9.04)(AxeFx II XL+).syx