FracTool - for power users only

No same thing exactly, if i remember correctly AxeEdit II=>XL conversion misses some bypass states, unless it's been fixed since

I think if the preset was made before firmware 18, Scenes and the Rotary Block didn't have the correct bypass states when opened in a newer firmware no matter what Axe-Fx II model was used.

I used FracTool to convert all my Mark I presets to my XL+ and I think everything converted perfectly and I didn't have to fix anything.

Hi

When converting from Axe FX II to AX8, is there any possibility to choose Amp2 instead of Amp1 to be converted ?

Thanks for the tool
No sorry, it wouldn't fill anyone's need as the thing to choose wouldn't be amp1 or 2 but which signal path to preserve... Which can be complicated if your preset uses the whole axefx potential

FYI

If you use Windows 10 and it upgrades to the new Creators Update v1703, check the virus scan exclusion list because mine got reset and it deleted my FracTool. I just added my FAS folder back into the exclusion list, so FracTool won't get deleted anymore.

It seems like almost all my settings got reset back to defaults. I change most of the Privacy settings and turn off all the apps running in the background.

FYI

If you use Windows 10 and it upgrades to the new Creators Update v1703, check the virus scan exclusion list because mine got reset and it deleted my FracTool. I just added my FAS folder back into the exclusion list, so FracTool won't get deleted anymore.

It seems like almost all my settings got reset back to defaults. I change most of the Privacy settings and turn off all the apps running in the background.

Thank you, I had other problems with W10. My tascam US20x20 drivers don't work with Reaper 5.40... I had to downgrade my OS...

AlGradine,

Many many thanks for trying to solve the Issue i'm having with getting the fractool up and running. We even did a Teamviewer session to see why and how etc...

Just for the record for others ro read: It was NOT the Fractool that was the problem and also NOT the defenders and malware or antivirus stuff. It seems somewhere in time the rights of drives or systems has changed, so it was a USER or more over a system ACCESS rights problem which I still did not solve completely. So I guess I just have to install everything again (but first I will mess around with system access stuff)

Note/TIP for others:
if you can not get it running from the screen, try the Commandline (CMD). As the strange thing is that I can open and use FracTool from the command line (but still NOT from the windows 10 GUI)....

AlGradine,

Many many thanks for trying to solve the Issue i'm having with getting the fractool up and running. We even did a Teamviewer session to see why and how etc...

Just for the record for others ro read: It was NOT the Fractool that was the problem and also NOT the defenders and malware or antivirus stuff. It seems somewhere in time the rights of drives or systems has changed, so it was a USER or more over a system ACCESS rights problem which I still did not solve completely. So I guess I just have to install everything again (but first I will mess around with system access stuff)

Note/TIP for others:
if you can not get it running from the screen, try the Commandline (CMD). As the strange thing is that I can open and use FracTool from the command line (but still NOT from the windows 10 GUI)....

Are you running CMD as administrator? It will say Administrator in the upper left of the CMD window if you are.

Have you tried right clicking on FracTool and selecting Run as administrator?

If running as administrator works, check your User Account Control (UAC) settings. I turn mine all the way down. If you don't know how to do this, Click on the Start menu and don't click on anything and just start typing UAC and it will show up at the top of the menu. You can lower the slider all the way down. Don't follow any instructions on the web to fully disable it with registry or policy changes because that will cause a bunch of issues and headaches.

Also, when ever installing something in Windows 10, you always have to right click the file and select run as administrator because Windows 10 has higher security than Windows 7, even with UAC on the lowest setting. When UAC is lowered all the way in Windows 7, it's disabled and everything is run with administrator access. When UAC is lowered all the way in Windows 10 it's not disabled and nothing will run as administrator unless you right click on it and select run as administrator. It caused me a ton of issues because a lot of software wouldn't activate unless the program was run as administrator. I usually only have to open a program once as administrator after installing to activate it and then I'm able to open it the regular way by double clicking on it.

Are you running CMD as administrator? It will say Administrator in the upper left of the CMD window if you are.

Have you tried right clicking on FracTool and selecting Run as administrator?

If running as administrator works, check your User Account Control (UAC) settings. I turn mine all the way down. If you don't know how to do this, Click on the Start menu and don't click on anything and just start typing UAC and it will show up at the top of the menu. You can lower the slider all the way down. Don't follow any instructions on the web to fully disable it with registry or policy changes because that will cause a bunch of issues and headaches.

Also, when ever installing something in Windows 10, you always have to right click the file and select run as administrator because Windows 10 has higher security than Windows 7, even with UAC on the lowest setting. When UAC is lowered all the way in Windows 7, it's disabled and everything is run with administrator access. When UAC is lowered all the way in Windows 10 it's not disabled and nothing will run as administrator unless you right click on it and select run as administrator. It caused me a ton of issues because a lot of software wouldn't activate unless the program was run as administrator. I usually only have to open a program once as administrator after installing to activate it and then I'm able to open it the regular way by double clicking on it.

We tried lots of things including changing rights and also run as administrator.

Will try also your tip on uac!
Thanks!

We tried lots of things including changing rights and also run as administrator.

Will try also your tip on uac!
Thanks!

AlGradine,

Note/TIP for others:
PROBLEM SOLVED: deleted current user, applied standard administrator, made new user with administration rights, made also HDD available to the user with administrator rights, installed new virus scanner, shut down PC and start UP.. all seems working again fine now!

Everyone THANKS for all the tips and tricks!

PROBLEM SOLVED: deleted current user, applied standard administrator, made new user with administration rights, made also HDD available to the user with administrator rights, installed new virus scanner, shut down PC and start UP.. all seems working again fine now!

Everyone THANKS for all the tips and tricks!
Glad it's finally solved :)

Hi all,
Here is something a lot of users have asked for : A tool to open XL presets on an AxeFx II mk1/mk2 and vice-versa. And open AX8 presets on AxeFx II/XL. And... OPEN AxeFx presets on AX8 ! :D

capture.jpg
capture2.jpg

- It shifts usercab slots pointed by your CAB blocks so if an XL preset points to user cab 10, the converted II preset should also point to usercab 10, and viceversa
- It converts Tonematch data if the preset embeds some. (not on AX8 of course)
- Nothing is changed in the blocks parameters, so you may encounter differences if the AxeFx II reacts differently or if the XL preset used unavailable blocks (Y states)....
- When converting to AX8, unavailable blocks are removed and replaced by shunts
- Can convert offline
- Shows preset layout (online & offline)
- Shows preset layout if a conversion encountered unavailable blocks (online & offline)
- Auto-updates to latest version (after 2.0 beta 16)
- Can now convert presets to local files even if connected to a fas device.
- Successfully converts blocks with different X/Y data sets between II/XL/AX8.
- Bypass states should be kept between II and XL.
- Now converts input block successfully to/from AX8.
- Now converts approximatively to/from AX8 AMP block levels.

- Now includes all functionalities (and more) of defunct AxeFxBankMgr
- Allows you to audition easily banks/multiple presets at once just by dropping files on the FAS device icon.
- Batch convert multiple banks/presets at once by dropping files on the harddrive icon.

- Audition Multiple presets/Cabs
- Convert/rearrange cabs banks
- Create Cabs banks from single cabs or the reverse.

- Convert bundles

- Includes functionalities from AxeFxCabList
capture4.jpg

- Allows renaming of Presets and Cabs in banks
- Associates to syx file extension (win)
- Allows you to export blocks from presets individually
- Converts individual blocks and send individual blocks to the connected machine

- audition tools when dropping a cab bank or multiple cabs : you can mark the cabs you like, set a timer for axefxsend to automatically let you audition a new cab every xx seconds etc...
- Convert bookmarked cabs to a bank or saved them to individual cabs.
- Supports zip files ! You can now drop a zip file containing cabs or presets or whatever ! :)

- NEW ! Compare amp models without changing any parameter ! And with their real world names
capture3.jpg

- NEW in 2.10 : access AxeChange presets/cabs !

capture5.jpg

- NEW in 2.16 : Online/Offline preset parameters display, Export to CSV/PDF/XML/HTML

- NEW in 2.20 : Preset and block randomizer

- NEW in 2.21 : Batch setter allows you to set/increase/decrease a parameter on multiple presets !

"Use at your own risk"

And please donate if you like/use it ;)

Here is the tool :

THERE IS NO VIRUS IN IT : PROOF =
https://virustotal.com/fr/file/a14f...21249030d815831cc456e304/analysis/1464710322/

If your "antivirus" (AVG/Windows Defender or other pseudo-antivirus) detects it as a virus, then adopt another antivirus.

Win : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.exe
Mac : http://archive.axefx.fr/Tools/FracTool.pkg

Current version : 2.53

I recommend you associate syx file extension to it, this will allow you to hear a preset/ir by double-clicking it.

Presets are sent to the edit buffer, you'll have to save where you want.

Irs are sent to scratchpad and present cab blocks are set to point to scratchpad, easing auditioning process.

Donations : https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=CRDEGURGG6S7Q

Thanks to @FractalAudio for allowing me to do it, @duguy for beta testing and @tgunn for code inspiration.

Usage :

French video tutorial :

English video tutorial :

Ok this program looks incredible!! I'd like to hear them Deftones Stef Carpenter preset pack released a few years ago on an older firmware. Could this program be utilized to convert that preset pack to my current firmware which happens to be Q6.03? If this is possible with this program does it come with instructions on how to do this ? I would really like to try this out !!

Ok this program looks incredible!! I'd like to hear them Deftones Stef Carpenter preset pack released a few years ago on an older firmware. Could this program be utilized to convert that preset pack to my current firmware which happens to be Q6.03? If this is possible with this program does it come with instructions on how to do this ? I would really like to try this out !!
You can either do this with FracTool or with AxeEdit.
Just drop a preset file on the fasDevice icon in FracTool or just hit the import button in AxeEdit

You can either do this with FracTool or with AxeEdit.
Just drop a preset file on the fasDevice icon in FracTool or just hit the import button in AxeEdit
Axe edit will convert them ? I loaded them with fractal bot but the preset sounded absolutely terrible and useless I was told because it was made on earlier firmware ?

Axe edit will convert them ? I loaded them with fractal bot but the preset sounded absolutely terrible and useless I was told because it was made on earlier firmware ?
There's no need to convert, but if you want them to sound as they did when they were released you'll have to install the firmware they used when they were made...
Btw they always sounded horrible to me ;)

There's no need to convert, but if you want them to sound as they did when they were released you'll have to install the firmware they used when they were made...
Btw they always sounded horrible to me ;)
Haha. Oh I thought the idea of fracTool was to convert them to sound as they initially did but on later firmware. Obviously not I guess

Back
Top Bottom