FracTool - for power users only

I've used FracTool for convert presets to my AX8 and have a question. Can it convert Banks? I would like to test those new factory presets, that Cliff have made. But before i manually start converting them preset by preset i wanted to ask if i could covert them all in the same time.
Yes
drop the bank file on the magnifying glass, you'll see the list of presets. Then in this list use the menu to choose export as individual presets. You'll be asked the destination format.

It seems nobody tries things before asking those days... Try everything in FracTool, i'm sure you'll discover things it can do ;)

I have an Axe FX II running Quantum 7.02. I'm trying to use FracTool 2.51 to convert some XL presets. I loaded the presets via the HD Icon on the conversion page and saved them as FXII format to my hard drive, I then opened my bank A file from my back up and inserted the converted files in to it. Then connected my Axe FX. II. Next I used FractalBot to transfer the new bank A file to my axe fx. I then open Axe Edit and go to manage presets page. The converted presets I added are not there just says <empty> in the slot where they should be. I transferred a couple of presets at the same time, same way, that were already FXII formatted (not converted) and they show up perfectly.
Any help? Am I doing something wrong?

You're running 7.02 beta
Install 7.02 release or 8.01 beta
Been answered 3 times, in the past 2 weeks...
Reconvert your presets when the new firmware will be installed

Thank you for the fast reply. I saw all the post about the beta releases. I am not running beta. I've never installed a beta release. I don't want to upgrade to 8.01, I've heard a couple of people don't like it for the same reasons I may not want it. Does it look like the steps I'm going through are correct? I've tried it a few times, in batches, one at a time. Your program sounds excellent, just what I've been wanting I would really like to get it to work.

@AlGrenadine

Does FracTool only work with the newest firmware or is it backwards compatible?

I'm using my XL+ with Quantum 7.02 and when I save some of my presets to CSV, some of the Y parameters have 32767 instead of a word. I've attached 2 presets as examples.

Amp 1, bp mode, THRU , 32767 ,,,,,,,,,,,,, instead of: Amp 1, bp mode, THRU , MUTE ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Amp 1, Bright sw, ON , 32767 ,,,,,,,,,,,,, instead of: Amp 1, Bright sw, ON , ON ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Amp 1, Fat, OFF , 32767 ,,,,,,,,,,,,, instead of: Amp 1, Fat, OFF , ON ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Attachments

• 001 Galaxy Formation - 170520-113607-bank-B.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 001 Galaxy Formation - 170523-193847-bank-B.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
It supports old firmwares but may interpret some parameters differently because it's bases on latest parameters definitions.
It doesn't affect the preset conversion though

Hi Alex,
when using the amp compare function Fractool strips all the global block assignments. Is that on purpose? Or is there a setting anywhere where I could change that?

Hi Alex,
when using the amp compare function Fractool strips all the global block assignments. Is that on purpose? Or is there a setting anywhere where I could change that?
Hey
Yes it loads the current preset raw data and removes global block link, but i could keep it, i'll try to do this in next release

Back
Top Bottom