FracTool - for power users only

Dear AlGranadine,

I sincerly need your expertise and help.

I have donated for the great tool some time a go. And sometimes I use the tool for just changing a preset from AX8 or XL(+) to MKII.
As stated before I am using windows 10 and have used the tool before without any problem.

I'm fully aware that Windows Defender looks to the file as a virus and that windows defender sees Fractool as a malware or to be more specific as a Trojan (see details below). And as I fully trust your statement that this is not the case and therefor I tried the following:

1. Take out the Windows Defender as a virus controller (put it out of order, see details below)

After downloading the file:

2. I even have put the Fractool.exe as a file to be excluded from Windows Defender (see details below)

(I understand that all is in dutch (as is my windows 10), but it's the same screens in english or french, so I hope you trust my screenshots)

But what I try, I'm not able to startup the fractool (also not as administrator).

I'm fully aware that this could be a windows thing or even still a windows defender thing, but I have tried it all (deleted originals, have virus protection shut off completely, taking the file as an exclusion, etc..) and still the file will not open and run.

Do you have any clue or idea or help?

(Again to be clear: In no way I'm targetting your fractool! as being the problem, i'm just trying to find a solution)

Thanks in advance!
Musicman0001

upload_2017-4-30_9-51-10.png

upload_2017-4-30_9-44-14.png
upload_2017-4-30_9-49-45.png

Have you tried listing fractool as an exception in Windows defender? Dunno if you can do that but in other virus checkers you can.

Dear AlGranadine,

I sincerly need your expertise and help.

I have donated for the great tool some time a go. And sometimes I use the tool for just changing a preset from AX8 or XL(+) to MKII.
As stated before I am using windows 10 and have used the tool before without any problem.

I'm fully aware that Windows Defender looks to the file as a virus and that windows defender sees Fractool as a malware or to be more specific as a Trojan (see details below). And as I fully trust your statement that this is not the case and therefor I tried the following:

1. Take out the Windows Defender as a virus controller (put it out of order, see details below)

After downloading the file:

2. I even have put the Fractool.exe as a file to be excluded from Windows Defender (see details below)

(I understand that all is in dutch (as is my windows 10), but it's the same screens in english or french, so I hope you trust my screenshots)

But what I try, I'm not able to startup the fractool (also not as administrator).

I'm fully aware that this could be a windows thing or even still a windows defender thing, but I have tried it all (deleted originals, have virus protection shut off completely, taking the file as an exclusion, etc..) and still the file will not open and run.

Do you have any clue or idea or help?

(Again to be clear: In no way I'm targetting your fractool! as being the problem, i'm just trying to find a solution)

Thanks in advance!
Musicman0001

View attachment 39605

View attachment 39603
View attachment 39604

Instead of adding only the file name fractool.exe to the exclude list, add your entire folder F:\FRACTAL AUDIO to the exclude list.

I've only had one issue with FracTool - it happened after a recent update to latest version (2.49). On W10.

When I fired it up I got a black window for a short while and then a Windows alert window saying the app was not starting up and did I want to close or wait ..... with diagnostic data being sent to Microsoft progress bar (which I quit out of)

It did this several times - I tried restarting system etc. Then I remembered that for a week or so I'd been refusing to allow Flash to update after getting nag screens and warnings in web browsers. So I updated Flash player and suddenly FracTool began working again

So maybe there's some Flash dependency in FracTool somewhere and no alert built in to draw notice to the fact that Flash must be up to date to use this latest FracTool version?

Hi Al,

Id like to use Fractool to assign Ext3 as a controller for Threshold in the Input Gate block - can this be achieved or could the code be developed to do this? I can do it per patch with the RAC12, but using EXT3 would automatically apply the current setting to any patch I recall. Thanks.

I've only had one issue with FracTool - it happened after a recent update to latest version (2.49). On W10.

When I fired it up I got a black window for a short while and then a Windows alert window saying the app was not starting up and did I want to close or wait ..... with diagnostic data being sent to Microsoft progress bar (which I quit out of)

It did this several times - I tried restarting system etc. Then I remembered that for a week or so I'd been refusing to allow Flash to update after getting nag screens and warnings in web browsers. So I updated Flash player and suddenly FracTool began working again

So maybe there's some Flash dependency in FracTool somewhere and no alert built in to draw notice to the fact that Flash must be up to date to use this latest FracTool version?
No, Fractool is pure c++

Hi Al,

Id like to use Fractool to assign Ext3 as a controller for Threshold in the Input Gate block - can this be achieved or could the code be developed to do this? I can do it per patch with the RAC12, but using EXT3 would automatically apply the current setting to any patch I recall. Thanks.
That can be done with FracPad, this is the FracTool thread ;)

Share the preset.
Current firmware = q8 on both?

I'm on the last one released 7.02 I think. not the beta 8 release.

I attached the original AxII file and the conversion AX8 file that fractool created. When I look at the Y amp on the fractool interface, it correct. Its just when I upload the file to the Ax8 that the Y amp is switched to the 59 Bassman.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Lonestar 335 8.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Lonestar 335 8(AX8).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I'm on the last one released 7.02 I think. not the beta 8 release.

I attached the original AxII file and the conversion AX8 file that fractool created. When I look at the Y amp on the fractool interface, it correct. Its just when I upload the file to the Ax8 that the Y amp is switched to the 59 Bassman.

Thanks in advance.
Works perfectly with AX8 firmware Q7.02, should also work with Q8

I've used FracTool for convert presets to my AX8 and have a question. Can it convert Banks? I would like to test those new factory presets, that Cliff have made. But before i manually start converting them preset by preset i wanted to ask if i could covert them all in the same time.

Back
Top Bottom