FracTool - for power users only

Yes, Al, great work.

A question for you (might be a bug or I'm doing something wrong):
I can drop a downloaded preset from AxeChange on the Axe icon and it loads, however, when I click on an AxeChange link in FracTool, I get an error that device is not connected. Same problem regardless of version of preset in AxeChange.

I'm using FracTool 2.38 and have an AxeFx II with Q6.02 loaded.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Yes, Al, great work.

A question for you (might be a bug or I'm doing something wrong):
I can drop a downloaded preset from AxeChange on the Axe icon and it loads, however, when I click on an AxeChange link in FracTool, I get an error that device is not connected. Same problem regardless of version of preset in AxeChange.

I'm using FracTool 2.38 and have an AxeFx II with Q6.02 loaded.

Thanks...
Thanks, will try this as soon as my computer is up again, had to reinstall a lot of things...

Al, is there anywhere to read step by step directions, I'm new here AX8 owner! Thanks, Gary

See the first post videos ;)

Hi Al, I still have the same problem. Below is the log.

Connecting okay:
Connected to "AxeFx II"
Version : "Quantum 6.02" (Maximum preset version : "0x503" )

Dropping downloaded preset onto Axe icon works okay:
Loaded preset "C:/Users/Brent/Downloads/p005052_MESSAGEINABOTTLETONEMATCH.syx" ok
Preset version : "0x600"
Shifted preset user slots
Converted from XL/XL+ to II "0x503"
Sent ok

But clicking in AxeChange on same preset gives error:
AxeChange : loading preset "http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/download.php?preset=5052"
QIODevice::read (QDisabledNetworkReply): device not open
Error loading preset

If I drop preset again, it works fine. I'm running Win7 but not sure that that should make any difference.

thanks!

I have been an AxeFX II XL user for a few years, and love my system. I bought an AX8 a few weeks ago to use as my fly rig, and really need to get it prepped for upcoming tour dates. My biggest concern was "how am I going to convert all my (pretty crazy) AxeFX patches to my new AX8?" I set aside a large block of time this weekend, assuming I'd have to rebuild a lot of my patches from scratch. FracTool to the rescue! In less than three hours, I converted more than 50 patches using FracTool. I still need to spend time tweaking my settings, because nearly all of my AxeFX patches are dual-amp, dual-cab signal chains. But so far, this has been a very productive morning, and I now have a lot more time to make those fine-tuning adjustments.

Thank you, @AlGrenadine for this fantastic tool! I have happily donated via PayPal, and greatly appreciate the work you put into FracTool. Well done.

I have been an AxeFX II XL user for a few years, and love my system. I bought an AX8 a few weeks ago to use as my fly rig, and really need to get it prepped for upcoming tour dates. My biggest concern was "how am I going to convert all my (pretty crazy) AxeFX patches to my new AX8?" I set aside a large block of time this weekend, assuming I'd have to rebuild a lot of my patches from scratch. FracTool to the rescue! In less than three hours, I converted more than 50 patches using FracTool. I still need to spend time tweaking my settings, because nearly all of my AxeFX patches are dual-amp, dual-cab signal chains. But so far, this has been a very productive morning, and I now have a lot more time to make those fine-tuning adjustments.

Thank you, @AlGrenadine for this fantastic tool! I have happily donated via PayPal, and greatly appreciate the work you put into FracTool. Well done.
Thanks, i'm happy all this work gets useful :) And thanks a lot for your generosity

Back
Top Bottom