FracTool - for power users only

Hey Al, I love that this is free, however I think it's well past the point of free. I think you should consider making this a purchasable only app in the new year. Just my opinion.
Ahah i think many users will disagree ;)
But everybody's free to donate as if it was purchasable ;)

Btw that's the first time i see people asking for a free item to become paid ^^

Last edited:
Hi Al, I am a new AX8 user and still trying to find my way through all the amps :). In your tool there is the amps compare function, which lists all the amps including their real names. This is a handy list, but unfortunately there is no export function to excel. Do you have this list available in excel? Will be handy as a start to organize my own presets...... There are many lists available in the wiki, but not such a nice overview with the real names in one list. Thanks!

Hi,
I don't have the list in excel format but the wiki states which real amp counterparts axefx's amp
Thanks, I have seen that, but I hoped that you would have it in one list. Thanks anyhow for the answer and for the great tools you make. I checked the Fracpad info yesterday also and that looks cool as well and maybe I will buy it later on as well. I am just starting in this wonderful world of fractal audio :).

Thanks, I have seen that, but I hoped that you would have it in one list. Thanks anyhow for the answer and for the great tools you make. I checked the Fracpad info yesterday also and that looks cool as well and maybe I will buy it later on as well. I am just starting in this wonderful world of fractal audio :).
I'll send you the list used in my code. Just remind me on Monday ;)

Reactions: Abc
Hi,
It's crazy, I can not run the program, it seems no one has this problem...
In Windows 7 I have "not a valid Win 32 app", in win 10, "it's not for your PC " I tried all the compatibility modes and started as administrator ... but nothing ! It is supposed to run with which version?

Hi,
It's crazy, I can not run the program, it seems no one has this problem...
In Windows 7 I have "not a valid Win 32 app", in win 10, "it's not for your PC " I tried all the compatibility modes and started as administrator ... but nothing ! It is supposed to run with which version?
Every.
You have a pseudo antivirus blocking it. Add an exception or disable it

Ahah i think many users will disagree ;)
But everybody's free to donate as if it was purchasable ;)

Btw that's the first time i see people asking for a free item to become paid ^^

You should charge for all the hard work you've put in and the answers you've posted here. Everyone appreciates your charity, but it hurts me every time I see someone with a valuable product give it away, especially if they aren't retired. I don't know your situation, but for the future, consider charging for this sort of product that is so valuable it is the most viewed thread on the forum AND is ubiquitous in its functional use. People are too used to getting products and services for free, which I tend to think staves off many people who could provide higher quality products and services but choose not to due to the entitled attitudes people have towards paying. What you offer is incredible, don't sell yourself short in future... My 2 cents. Until then, thank you.

You should charge for all the hard work you've put in and the answers you've posted here. Everyone appreciates your charity, but it hurts me every time I see someone with a valuable product give it away, especially if they aren't retired. I don't know your situation, but for the future, consider charging for this sort of product that is so valuable it is the most viewed thread on the forum AND is ubiquitous in its functional use. People are too used to getting products and services for free, which I tend to think staves off many people who could provide higher quality products and services but choose not to due to the entitled attitudes people have towards paying. What you offer is incredible, don't sell yourself short in future... My 2 cents. Until then, thank you.
Thanks for these kind words, really.
I try to sell FracPad and get some users complaining about its price...
Anyway, donations for FracTool are now pretty rare while i see a lot of new ax8 customers using it, so my mind may change on this ;)

Thanks for these kind words, really.
I try to sell FracPad and get some users complaining about its price...
Anyway, donations for FracTool are now pretty rare while i see a lot of new ax8 customers using it, so my mind may change on this ;)

People will always complain about price, especially in the music industry (unfortunately). Just remind yourself that an Axe FX is a boutique unit in amp and effects modeling; if they wanted to go cheap, they would be using Guitar Rig / Amplitube or some other modeler, maybe a cheap amp. They'll pay, even if they complain - just have to learn how to separate the whiners from those with constructive criticism of pricing (e.g: those who compare your product to others based on efficacy, quality, and pricing).

I interpret complaining about price as an indication of desire to obtain the product complained about. If they didn't want it, they wouldn't complain.

Plus, there's always going to be a percentage of the potential that will complain. Largely, because they complain about everything.

Keep up the great work Al and charge what you believe your skills are worth.

Happy New Year!!!!

When I converter a preset that has two amps to the ax8
Is there a way to choose the amp to be converted
I mean If there are two rows with amps cabs and fx it Selects the upper one
And I want to convert Each one separately

Back
Top Bottom