FracTool - for power users only

Just drop the xl+ file on the III icon in FracTool. It will send it to the III 's edit buffer. Then you save it where you want with the frontpanel .
So FracTool can' t overwrite your preset, you must have done it

It’s certainly my fault for not knowing what I was doing, but as I recall, I dragged the single sysex file to the Axe 3 icon and it asked me which bank I wanted to save it to, I then chose D and I expected it to ask which exact slot I wanted to save it to in bank D but then I saw the preset I was on, 401, vanish, along with every preset above 401. Which is odd because preset 400, which is a part of bank D, did not get removed. And by the way, the 2XL+ sysex file did not transfer over to any slot in bank D. Very strange...

Ok, I did get the transfer done, several strange things are happening. Most importantly, I have 2 patches which have 2 FAS expression pedals with one controlling the input volume, the other controlling the delay mix. They are nearly identical except one has an octave shift up, both have reverse and forward delays going at the same time. The one with the octave shift produces no sound, the one without produces blipping/noise sounds that are rhythmic like delay repeats, but no other sound comes out. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

Ok, I did get the transfer done, several strange things are happening. Most importantly, I have 2 patches which have 2 FAS expression pedals with one controlling the input volume, the other controlling the delay mix. They are nearly identical except one has an octave shift up, both have reverse and forward delays going at the same time. The one with the octave shift produces no sound, the one without produces blipping/noise sounds that are rhythmic like delay repeats, but no other sound comes out. Any help will be greatly appreciated...
No preset, no answer

Thanks Al, but I’m just curious at this point why the no sound as the Axe 3 has a reverse delay which works the way I need it to as is, no need for series delays to recreat repeating reverses. These 2 presets from the Axe 2 will be much easier to recreate in the 3...

Thanks Al, but I’m just curious at this point why the no sound as the Axe 3 has a reverse delay which works the way I need it to as is, no need for series delays to recreat repeating reverses. These 2 presets from the Axe 2 will be much easier to recreate in the 3...
They a modifier attached to volume pedal on first block VolPan's Volume. Remove it and turn volume up it will have sound.
Reading the wiki page on "my preset has nos sound" would have given you the solution ;)

They a modifier attached to volume pedal on first block VolPan's Volume. Remove it and turn volume up it will have sound.
Reading the wiki page on "my preset has nos sound" would have given you the solution ;)

Sorry, I should've looked, I was thinking I might have screwed up something while converting, thanks!

Not sure any conversion is really needed to load II Mark 2 banks/presets into II XL.
Technically, I don't think there is. However, when I loaded my saved preset banks into my XL+, I found that all of them were about 12dB quieter than on the mkII.

I then converted and reloaded them using FracTool and the volume was correct.

Hi could anyone point me to the info on converting Axe II blocks to be used in the III? I thought I had done it right but every time I load up the blocks I converted I get an error. Any ideas what could be going wrong?

Hi could anyone point me to the info on converting Axe II blocks to be used in the III? I thought I had done it right but every time I load up the blocks I converted I get an error. Any ideas what could be going wrong?
Convert presets, axefx 3 blocks are not supported (yet)

Hi guys, Im a new user of AX8, excited to join the fractal community family. Guess wondering, is the Fractool able to convert AxeFx III presets to AX8? Thanks.

Sorry for asking a stupid question that has been addressed already, I'm sure. How do I get individual presets from saved banks? I haven't tried loading entire banks. Can it do this? Obviously I want to convert earlier presets in Banks, some not saved individually from IIxx to III.

Back
Top Bottom