FracTool - for power users only

That makes no sense to me. The AX8 can't support two CABS or AMPS, I get that, so shouldn't the two questions be, 'do you want to convert or shunt CAB2 and AMP2, just like the text in the output window?

I must need more coffee! :confused:

That makes no sense to me. The AX8 can't support two CABS or AMPS, I get that, so shouldn't the two questions be, 'do you want to convert or shunt CAB2 and AMP2, just like the text in the output window?

I must need more coffee! :confused:
Because there's a choice for CAB : mix the 2 cabs in one block or not. No choice for amp
No time for details, have a good evening ;)

Last edited:
Is there any way that Fractool could unbundle AX8 / AxeFx II presets for use in the III since the III doesn't support cab&preset bundles? I'm guessing it's not possible, but thought I'd ask anyway :)

I did this in 3 steps with an Ax8 bundle:
First extract the cab:
-Drop the bundle on the view icon, in the grid opened select "save bundled cab", select AxeIII as the destination format. You will obtain a syx cab file in AxeIII format.
Second convert the Ax8 bundle to a plain Ax8 preset:
-Drop the bundle (24kB) on the view icon, in the grid opened select "save as...", select Ax8 as the destination format, you will obtain a plain Ax8 preset (13kB)
Third convert the Ax8 preset to AxeIII format:
-Drop the Ax8 preset on the hard drive icon, when fractool ask you "Do you want to convert and save the file?" select the AxeIII button, you will obtain an AxeIII preset (49kB)
Now you have the preset and cab files ready!!

For some strange reason if do this last step on the view icon with the "save as..." option and selecting Axe III format I obtain a corrupted 49kB preset that can't be opened, maybe a bug?

Last edited:
I did this in 3 steps with an Ax8 bundle:
First extract the cab:
-Drop the bundle on the view icon, in the grid opened select "save bundled cab", select AxeIII as the destination format. You will obtain a syx cab file in AxeIII format.
Second convert the Ax8 bundle to a plain Ax8 preset:
-Drop the bundle (24kB) on the view icon, in the grid opened select "save as...", select Ax8 as the destination format, you will obtain a plain Ax8 preset (13kB)
Third convert the Ax8 preset to AxeIII format:
-Drop the Ax8 preset on the hard drive icon, when fractool ask you "Do you want to convert and save the file?" select the AxeIII button, you will obtain an AxeIII preset (49kB)
Now you have the preset and cab files ready!!

For some strange reason if do this last step on the view icon with the "save as..." option and selecting Axe III format I obtain a corrupted 49kB preset that can't be opened, maybe a bug?

Thanks! This is much easier than opening the bundle in my Ax8 then exporting the preset and cab separately.

Just dl'd and did the file association (I think). Need more time to figure things out. But it looks darned awesome, Al.
Contribution coming.

Just played with it some. Outstanding! Will keep me busy for sure. Contribution
sent. I hope its enough. I don't know what the recommended amount is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom