FracTool - for power users only

Hi, I want to use fractool to convert my 2 presets to my 3, but now my axe edit won’t connect to my Axe 2 XL+. I have a MacBook Air running Mojave, what am I doing wrong?

Couldn't remember if, and when, I last sent a few francs for this software, so I just popped some into your account, as a small thanks for your hard work.

I haven't used this a ton, but when I have, it's been invaluable. Thanks, again, for all you do, Al!

Couldn't remember if, and when, I last sent a few francs for this software, so I just popped some into your account, as a small thanks for your hard work.

I haven't used this a ton, but when I have, it's been invaluable. Thanks, again, for all you do, Al!
Thanks mate :)

I'm trying to get a list of cabs used with each preset, in a spreadsheet format.

I downloaded FracTool 3.02 last night.I'm using this on an Axe-Fx III, Win 10, fairly fast computer, with an SSD C: drive.

When I select Preset->Cabs, the program takes a few hours to run through the presets, and make a list. When I get the final list, it only shows several columns: Preset, Cab1 X Left, Cab1 X Right, ....., etc.

Only the Preset column is populated, with the names of the presets, and their numbers. All of the cab column data boxes are blank.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm hoping to get a list of speakers assigned to each preset. I've used FracTool for this a couple of years ago, with my XL, but only recently started trying it with the AF III.

I'm trying to get a list of cabs used with each preset, in a spreadsheet format.

I downloaded FracTool 3.02 last night.I'm using this on an Axe-Fx III, Win 10, fairly fast computer, with an SSD C: drive.

When I select Preset->Cabs, the program takes a few hours to run through the presets, and make a list. When I get the final list, it only shows several columns: Preset, Cab1 X Left, Cab1 X Right, ....., etc.

Only the Preset column is populated, with the names of the presets, and their numbers. All of the cab column data boxes are blank.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm hoping to get a list of speakers assigned to each preset. I've used FracTool for this a couple of years ago, with my XL, but only recently started trying it with the AF III.
Search engine => axefx 3 not supported

OK, thanks AlGrenadine. I appreciate the feedback.

Any chance there will be a future ability to get a cab list for the AxeFx III?

@AlGrenadine, is this a bug in FractTool v3.02?

In the process of converting an Axe-Fx II MK-I preset to an AX8 preset, with 2 amps in parallel and 1 cab in series with each amp. FracTool asks me the following questions;

"2 mono cabs were found but the AX8 only supports 1 CAB block. Do you want to convert to 1 stereo CAB or shunt CAB2 ? Do you want to convert to 1 stereo CAB or shunt CAB2 ?"

So I click on 'shunt'. Then it pops up with the same message;

"2 mono cabs were found but the AX8 only supports 1 CAB block. Do you want to convert to 1 stereo CAB or shunt CAB2 ?"

Again I click on shunt. The converted preset does have AMP 2 and CAB 2 shunted, so it looks like it works, but shouldn't the second message mention that it only supports 1 AMP block and ask me if I want to shunt AMP 2?

This is the information displayed in the output window;

Preset version : "0x800"
Copied X settings to Y for "Tremolo 1"
Removed Motor Drive Time Const from "Cab 1"
Removed Motor Drive Time Const from "Cab 2"
"AX8 : Shunted unavailable Amp 2 at [9,1]"
"AX8 : Shunted unavailable Cab 2 at [10,1]"
"AX8 : Shunted unavailable Amp 2 at [9,1]"
"AX8 : Shunted unavailable Cab 2 at [10,1]"
Converted from II to AX8 "0x112"
Converted to "AX8" and saved to "C:/Users...

No because there's no other choice than shunting, so it shunts the amp2 : "AX8 : Shunted unavailable Amp 2 at [9,1]"

Yes, I understand that, but why does the message asking me if I want to shunt CAB 2 pop-up twice? Shouldn't the second pop-up message ask me if I want to shunt AMP 2?

Back
Top Bottom