FracTool - for power users only

i did install the cab from my II. Even put it in the same user slot as the II but it would not make sound. Still does not make sound. no matter what I do. Not sure why the III hates the Metal 4x12. Damn, thats my favorite cab.

I tried reinstalling the patch, but it did weird things. It put a USB CrisCross on my input, and still no sound. I will next try to copy each block one by one to a new patch, if that does not work, I will have to try and copy settings, but alas, I no longer have a II. So not sure how that will work out.

i did install the cab from my II. Even put it in the same user slot as the II but it would not make sound. Still does not make sound. no matter what I do. Not sure why the III hates the Metal 4x12. Damn, thats my favorite cab.

I tried reinstalling the patch, but it did weird things. It put a USB CrisCross on my input, and still no sound. I will next try to copy each block one by one to a new patch, if that does not work, I will have to try and copy settings, but alas, I no longer have a II. So not sure how that will work out.
Have you tried switching to the meters view on the III? That will show you when the sound is stopping - I've had this on a few patches where for some reason an effect was set to mute instead of thru.

If it is genuinely the cab block, are you sure the volume on the IR channel you're using is up? Hard to believe an IR won't work.

If you want pm me and I'll try loading the IR on my III

I'm getting an axe-fx II crash when i open a preset in fractool that contains a tonematch and save the tonematch as an IR. have to reboot the axe-fx every time. maybe windows 10 related?

The feature to open a whole bank from the II and convert to individual presets for the III is wonderful.

Sometimes it doesn't convert them all, so I save the bank as individual presets for the II, open the II presets that were not concverted, and then convert them to III.

I've just made a donation.

Muchas gracias!!

The feature to open a whole bank from the II and convert to individual presets for the III is wonderful.

Sometimes it doesn't convert them all, so I save the bank as individual presets for the II, open the II presets that were not concverted, and then convert them to III.

I've just made a donation.

Muchas gracias!!
Can you share presets not working?

Hi @AlGrenadine -

I know that we can’t do batch settings change with the III however I think you mentioned a while back you could do it with the bank file. I can’t figure it out.

Using Fractalbot I exported my entire Bank A and then opened it in FracTool. But then I’m stuck. I don’t have any choices on the batch area at all. My intention was to export the Bank file, open it 8n FracTool, then import it back into the III.

I think I’m doing something wrong....

Hi @AlGrenadine -

I know that we can’t do batch settings change with the III however I think you mentioned a while back you could do it with the bank file. I can’t figure it out.

Using Fractalbot I exported my entire Bank A and then opened it in FracTool. But then I’m stuck. I don’t have any choices on the batch area at all. My intention was to export the Bank file, open it 8n FracTool, then import it back into the III.

I think I’m doing something wrong....
Hi
Never said that, sorry

Great that this application is here! Thanks a lot!

For those of you who converted their II presets to the III: how well did those presets translate? Did they sound the same or did you have to do a lot of extra tweaking to make them sound the same?

For those of you who converted their II presets to the III: how well did those presets translate? Did they sound the same or did you have to do a lot of extra tweaking to make them sound the same?
They will sound mostly identical if the II presets were made on Q10.01
Older presets may lead to unpredictable result..

Almost identical minus the big improvement the III has in low and high end response. Almost all of my presets sounded better on the III than the II.

There was little to no tweaking required for the II > III presets I converted.

Al did a exceptional job as always.

Bug report:

When loading a II-preset with a Ring Modulator block into the III, the Ringmod's Level is always set to -80.

Attachments

• A029_FIL RING p mono.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Bug report:

Threshold in Envelope Follower in preset for II is set to -70.
After loading in III it's -50.

Attachments

• A032_FIL TRANS stereo.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom