FracTool - for power users only

Its an arbitrary decision for what you stated above. So that may not be helpful for many and as you point out, they won't use it. That reduces greatly the number of people Al would be working for. But if its that helpful to you, why not hire Al if he's available, to do a custom app for you?

You make one person then. One person to hope finds, after Al has spent significant time & effort, to hope will make a donation.
I wrote several shareware apps back in the 1990's and it was frustrating how few donated or registered. And how many people asked for changes, that rarely reflected in paying for my time. And its worse these days.

No, that's systematic, not arbitrary. It's following the alphabet and the order of numbers.

If I'm the only one, then why are other people asking about it?
There's only going to be more asking too when more and more presets created on the Axe-Fx III are released and people want them on the older units they bought from those who upgraded to the III.

If backward conversion wasn't useful, then why was it ever done for the other units?

Other niche features have been included in the FracTool. The main feature of FracTool has been the conversion yet there's quite a few other tabs of features such as CabList and Amps Compare for example.

I don't know about other people, but I don't mind giving a reasonable donation specifically for this feature. That would make more sense than paying for a custom application that everyone else wouldn't see.

FracTool has huge publicity among Axe-Fx users. It would seem wise to have a feature voting board. If Al has a number in mind for the amount of people he feels are necessary to make implementing a feature worth it, he could use that as a gauge. Maybe even expand it to donator votes and non-donator votes. Something like "Fifty votes from non-donators needed to implement this feature or ten donator votes needed."

Its an arbitrary decision for what you stated above. So that may not be helpful for many and as you point out, they won't use it. That reduces greatly the number of people Al would be working for. But if its that helpful to you, why not hire Al if he's available, to do a custom app for you?

You make one person then. One person to hope finds, after Al has spent significant time & effort, to hope will make a donation.
I wrote several shareware apps back in the 1990's and it was frustrating how few donated or registered. And how many people asked for changes, that rarely reflected in paying for my time. And its worse these days.
Absolutely, i can do it but it won't pay anything.. .

I'm sure it would take longer than what I could afford to decently pay you for by myself. I wish I alone could make it worth your while. Thanks for what you've done already :)

On a completely unrelated note, have you fixed the conversion from Axe-Fx II/2 to III/3 so that when Input Boost is on, the Axe-Fx III/3 preset gets Input Boost not just engaged but also set to 12dB? All of my converted presets are using the Axe-Fx III/3's default of 0dB instead of the II/2's hard-coded 12dB setting. Any II/2 preset that used the Input Boost sounds completely when put on the III/3 as a result.

I'm sure it would take longer than what I could afford to decently pay you for by myself. I wish I alone could make it worth your while. Thanks for what you've done already :)

On a completely unrelated note, have you fixed the conversion from Axe-Fx II/2 to III/3 so that when Input Boost is on, the Axe-Fx III/3 preset gets Input Boost not just engaged but also set to 12dB? All of my converted presets are using the Axe-Fx III/3's default of 0dB instead of the II/2's hard-coded 12dB setting. Any II/2 preset that used the Input Boost sounds completely when put on the III/3 as a result.
Could not fix it as nobody reported it ^^

First of all, Thank you very much for this excellent app! It saves me lots of time!!
After some updates, I've noticed that every time I enter on Amps Compare function, the app crashes (since 2.84).
I'm using AxeFx 2 XL+ with a macbook (macOS 10.13.5).
I Tried to uninstall and reinstall it, but nothing changes. Any idea?
Thanks again!!!
Hi there!

Any news about this?

Thanks!

Hi - I'm sure this is operator error, I want to do a batch change on my III, basically setting the high and low pass on the looper block.

When I go into the batch update, I can't select any block (basically the block drop down is empty).

On a Mac, if that makes a difference?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi - I'm sure this is operator error, I want to do a batch change on my III, basically setting the high and low pass on the looper block.

When I go into the batch update, I can't select any block (basically the block drop down is empty).

On a Mac, if that makes a difference?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Only preset conversion is supported on iii

Hehehe.

I just tried batch conversion for the first time last night on my III and also noticed it isn’t implemented.

No biggy - I’m still blown away how great II>III conversion works.

I think this is fantastic. I tried it with one of my favorite Axe II patches for heavy rhythm. but when i see it load, it makes no sound.
Its all there, first row of blocks is the sound, second row of blocks is a row of shunts for direct/reamp to be sent to my DAW. but no matter what i do, it makes no sound. I must be doing something wrong. As i can see all of the blocks and the row of shunts below, with input and output, but silence. Does anyone else experience this when loading patches?
Again, it obviously works, it must be something I am not doing.

I think this is fantastic. I tried it with one of my favorite Axe II patches for heavy rhythm. but when i see it load, it makes no sound.
Its all there, first row of blocks is the sound, second row of blocks is a row of shunts for direct/reamp to be sent to my DAW. but no matter what i do, it makes no sound. I must be doing something wrong. As i can see all of the blocks and the row of shunts below, with input and output, but silence. Does anyone else experience this when loading patches?
Again, it obviously works, it must be something I am not doing.
AxeFX III? Check the Cab block, preset might be using User cabs which aren't transferred to the AxeFX III yet (i.e. if your preset was using User Cab slot 100 on your AxeFX II, and your AxeFX III has no cab at slot #100, you'll get no sound). Also, check that the correct Input and Output blocks got made. The "empty row of shunts" (having trouble picturing what that means really) might have confused things, and, as a result, the Input/Output blocks that got made may not be the correct 1 or 2 or whatever for your setup. Lastly, remember you can use the AxeFX IIIs Meters page to see the output level of each block, look for the block that's producing no sound (i.e. no meter activity at all) on the grid and start the trouble shooting there.

Last edited:
AxeFX III? Check the Cab block, preset might be using User cabs which aren't transferred to the AxeFX III yet (i.e. if your preset was using User Cab slot 100 on your AxeFX II, and your AxeFX III has no cab at slot #100, you'll get no sound). Also, check that the correct Input and Output blocks got made. The "empty row of shunts" (having trouble picturing what that means really) might have confused things, and, as a result, the Input/Output blocks that got made may not be the correct 1 or 2 or whatever for your setup. Lastly, remember you can use the AxeFX IIIs Meters page to see the output level of each block, look for the block that's producing no sound (i.e. no meter activity at all) on the grid and start the trouble shooting there.

I added the Input and Output Blocks as they did not automatically get made. I also added input 1, shunts all the way across the grid, and output 2, so i can have a reamp channel. I took the user cab i used for the patch and put it in the same numbered slot as before, still nothing. no sound. Next I will try to build from scratch and copy the blocks one by one.

Back
Top Bottom