FracTool - for power users only

I've never used this , as I've only had the AX8 , prior to owning the III.

My hope was that I could create a version of my III presets for the AX8 , since the majority of my time will be spent using the III.

It'd be nice to have a simplified preset version ready to go for the occasional little show. But , I believe I read here , that is not possible.

I've never used this , as I've only had the AX8 , prior to owning the III.

My hope was that I could create a version of my III presets for the AX8 , since the majority of my time will be spent using the III.

It'd be nice to have a simplified preset version ready to go for the occasional little show. But , I believe I read here , that is not possible.
Exactly
Or create your presets on the ax8 and convert to axefx 3

So last night I wanted to re-record some guitar parts I did last year with my XL. The project file had the XL patch number annotated and before I sold the XL for the III I backed up all of my patches as well as a complete list of all of my patches.

I needed what was once “patch 102” from my XL. Loaded up FracTool, found 102 and dumped it into my III.

Flawless.

Thx again Al !!!!

The grid size is only one of a multitude of things that the Axe Fx III has much more of that the other platforms.

4 channels versus X/Y, more block instances, many more controller choices, more scene controllers, more control switches, dedicated in and out blocks, etc........

Some tough choices??

I hardly think so...

How in the world would nothing be better than at least something?

While there are always arbitrary decisions when converting things, no matter what choice is made on what gets "thrown out" will for most users be the wrong choice.

So? They don't have to use it if they don't like how it converts them. Right now they don't even have an option to like or dislike since nothing exists. Most of the choices aren't even arbitrary but rather straightforward. It would make sense to only keep A and B channels since those are the first ones in order.

The grid size is only one of a multitude of things that the Axe Fx III has much more of that the other platforms.

4 channels versus X/Y, more block instances, many more controller choices, more scene controllers, more control switches, dedicated in and out blocks, etc........

Some tough choices??

Yes, there's a lot to throw out, I know. But being able to convert even just a portion back to the Axe-Fx II saves so much time compared to entering it all in by hand.

Throw out the C and D channels, I don't know if Al is doing relative or absolute block references for other units but either keep the first 2 block instances or keep #1 and #2 of the block, throw out #3 and #4, and so on

Tons of patches will get converted just fine. Only the complex ones won't. I have nothing on my Axe-Fx III that isn't feasible on the II except for just a handful of patches.

The only reason I could see that justifies not implementing a degradated conversion utility, is that Al thinks not enough people would use and therefore it isn't worth his time. I know I would use it though. That's why I wrote all of this. It would save me time.

How in the world would nothing be better than at least something?
So? They don't have to use it if they don't like how it converts them. Right now they don't even have an option to like or dislike since nothing exists. Most of the choices aren't even arbitrary but rather straightforward. It would make sense to only keep A and B channels since those are the first ones in order.
Its an arbitrary decision for what you stated above. So that may not be helpful for many and as you point out, they won't use it. That reduces greatly the number of people Al would be working for. But if its that helpful to you, why not hire Al if he's available, to do a custom app for you?

The only reason I could see that justifies not implementing a degradated conversion utility, is that Al thinks not enough people would use and therefore it isn't worth his time. I know I would use it though. That's why I wrote all of this. It would save me time.
You make one person then. One person to hope finds, after Al has spent significant time & effort, to hope will make a donation.
I wrote several shareware apps back in the 1990's and it was frustrating how few donated or registered. And how many people asked for changes, that rarely reflected in paying for my time. And its worse these days.

Back
Top Bottom