Votes: 24 34.3%
  • I love them both

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • I hate them both

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • I'm not familiar with these lads

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
Both singers could use subtitles when singing some of their songs live.

Instrumentally and compositionally both bands are solid.

These feuds are all publicity stunts.

Eddie's initial comment was actually deeper than that. He talked about how he
would load in as a roadie in San Diego during the heyday of Hair Metal, and how
he disliked the cock-rock posturing of men and the objectification of women. He
merely used Motley (in passing) as an example of that mentality.

Just sharing. Don't kill the messenger!! :)

I saw the 2nd(?) Lollapalooza. Among others. Ten era PJ. Vedder walked right past me in the crowd. I swear he is like 4ft tall!

I would never purposefully play an album by either of these groups for enjoyment, but that does not mean I hate them. Eddie Vedder is a good friend of a good friend, so I would probably rather hang out with him.

I saw Motley a few times. Once at the Orange Pavilion in San Bernardino CA somewhere in the early 90's right after they got back together with Vince, Head PH opened for them it wasn't too bad and again years later at the Glen Helen Pavilion when they toured with the Scorpions early 2000's maybe.

Scorps opened! What a concert! The musicianship was impeccable sound was killer everything about that performance was off the charts, made the hair on the back of my neck stand up! Then Motley took the stage, about the 3rd song in we and about 2/3s of the venue were leaving it was that bad.

All I can say is both times I saw them it was more about the show than the music. Looking at Vince and the rest of the crew they are in serious trouble with their health. I would bet one or more of them would not be able to finish a tour.

I have never seen Pearl Jam, wasn't really my cup of tea. It is kind of funny to pit both of these acts together as they are so far apart musically, socially and sonically.

Last edited:
Old men yelling at clouds. Two irrelevant bands arguing which one is more irrelevant. It's really sad, actually.

Vedder needs to be thankful for his success despite confusing mumbling with a mouthful of marbles for actual singing.

Vince needs to quit drinking, get with a dietician and a personal trainer so his heart doesn't explode on stage. At least be able to get through a set, fat-ass.

I went ahead and voted "I'm not familiar with these lads," even though of course I've heard of them.

But I've never owned a recording by either one. I think Pearl Jam did a song called "Jeremy," and I think it was either Crue or Poison who dumbed-down the Alex Lifeson riff from "Analog Kid" and turned it into a far-cheesier song called "Unskinny Bop." (And wasn't Mick Mars of the M&M/Mars candy family, in one of them? I seem to recall thinking his bends were always sharp, or something. Of course, I could Google all this if I cared enough....)

Anyway...that's the limit of my knowledge of either. So, I lack any real basis for comparing them. Thus, "not familiar" was the closest available answer.

Lived my happy days in the 80s so Crue reminds me something nice every time I listen to them...

I have about equal care in each band, which is fairly limited.

Crue was great for their time but those days are long gone. It’s fairly well known how much they dislike each other and playing these shows has nothing to do with the love of the music or the fans. Vince’s vocal performances, if they can be called that…..I mean, I’m a singer, I get it….but dude, put some effort into your health/life and earn what you’re making.

PJ has had a staying power that has surprised the hell out of me. They’re coming up on 30 years of successful albums and tours and while I can’t say I’m a huge fan (I dig more Crue songs that PJ songs) there’s something to be said for that. Crue had about a 10 year run, with it’s peak lasting maybe 5 of those 10. PJ seems to have hit a sustained level of attention from their fans and that’s pretty cool. I wish I dug their music more, I just get bored by it often. They don’t rely on backing tracks live…..and there’s only one song I can’t understand what the hell Eddie Vedder is singing, so PJ wins this one for me.

I have about equal care in each band, which is fairly limited.

Crue was great for their time but those days are long gone. It’s fairly well known how much they dislike each other and playing these shows has nothing to do with the love of the music or the fans. Vince’s vocal performances, if they can be called that…..I mean, I’m a singer, I get it….but dude, put some effort into your health/life and earn what you’re making.

PJ has had a staying power that has surprised the hell out of me. They’re coming up on 30 years of successful albums and tours and while I can’t say I’m a huge fan (I dig more Crue songs that PJ songs) there’s something to be said for that. Crue had about a 10 year run, with it’s peak lasting maybe 5 of those 10. PJ seems to have hit a sustained level of attention from their fans and that’s pretty cool. I wish I dug their music more, I just get bored by it often. They don’t rely on backing tracks live…..and there’s only one song I can’t understand what the hell Eddie Vedder is singing, so PJ wins this one for me.

I had a friend whose band was on the verge of being signed in 1990-91. I'd compare them to a slightly harder
rocking Firehouse. Then Grunge happened and the deals that were on the table they were mulling all got pulled in
an instant. He was so pissed back then. Used to tell me about how A&R guys who went to their shows now
would not even return their calls or correspondence. They got ghosted!!

He's a Physician's Assistant in Florida now. Last summer a drummer friend of ours passed away and we chatted
at the Memorial service. I had to bring up Eddie Vedder and Grunge and you could still see the fire of hate
burning in his eyes. It was so f'ing funny!!

But that's how fickle the music business is, isn't it?

I've met Chris Pine. He's definitely not 6'0. Maybe on paper but not in real life. I'd say he's closer to 6'9".
Actually I thought he was taller also-I am a Trekkie from way back and enjoyed the movies he was in. I don't think he is 6'9"" but I remember seeing 6'2" or 6'3".
So I think you are right, he is taller.

Actually I thought he was taller also-I am a Trekkie from way back and enjoyed the movies he was in. I don't think he is 6'9"" but I remember seeing 6'2" or 6'3".
So I think you are right, he is taller.
I’m sorry. That was a typo. I meant to type 5’9”. I’m 5’10” and he was a little shorter than me.

Motley Crue will be playing at sporting events and strip clubs for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom