FractalUpdate : Never miss an update ! :)

FractalUpdate 0.3.7.1 released : Adds AxeFXSend and AxeFXBankMgr updates checking.
FractalUpdate should have auto-updated itself... let me know ;)

:applouse: With Fractals constant bug fixes and updates this is absolutely necessary. Permanent part of my DAW now. Tells me what , when, version, download button, Install option and even a forum post link for Axe, MFC, Drivers, Axe edit, Fractalbot, etc... Thank you for this. If your not using this you should be !

This is a great program, thanks for putting in the effort to help us keep up to date... :)

I have noticed an issue since the latest update. First, the program didn't update automatically for me so I installed it and ended up with two but I think I have that solved now.
The issue I am having is that It pops up with the latest updates and I don't know how to acknowledge I have seen it. Meaning, I close the window and a few hours later it pops up again with the same information.

Anyone else have this? Maybe it is the way it was installed that is the issue but it is not showing up in Programs and Features to uninstall and try again.

This is a great program, thanks for putting in the effort to help us keep up to date... :)

I have noticed an issue since the latest update. First, the program didn't update automatically for me so I installed it and ended up with two but I think I have that solved now.
The issue I am having is that It pops up with the latest updates and I don't know how to acknowledge I have seen it. Meaning, I close the window and a few hours later it pops up again with the same information.

Anyone else have this? Maybe it is the way it was installed that is the issue but it is not showing up in Programs and Features to uninstall and try again.
You have to download/install updates in order to not get notified again.
It does not need to be uninstalled or in the program list because it's a single EXE file, you can remove it and it's done ! :)

Thanks for the answer Al, and for this program and the others you have provided.

I will download them from the tool.

If you are putting out a future update may be worth adding a button for acknowledging the updates.

Thanks for the answer Al, and for this program and the others you have provided.

I will download them from the tool.

If you are putting out a future update may be worth adding a button for acknowledging the updates.
Good idea ;)
Is "Ack" a good shortcut for aknowledgement ?

Ack might work but if I may suggest an alternate option.

Just use a standard button like OK or Close and have that clear the notification. The user knows there were updates and will be familiar with going to the tray to open the window and download them later if they have not already. Could also add another button to remind later (after an hour or so) if they don't have time in the moment. Not trying to make more work for you though... :)

Just a thought, others users may have different use cases.

Thanks again Al.

I prefer Ack or Acknowledge. People tend to click OK automatically and might not realize that they're turning off the notification for that update.

Dweezil doesn't check for updates. He just has a new package waiting at the front desk of the hotel where he's staying, from Fractal, an Axe FX pre-loaded with the new Firmware. That is his notification.

I prefer Ack or Acknowledge. People tend to click OK automatically and might not realize that they're turning off the notification for that update.
Or even better, how about "Dismiss?" That should leave no doubt in the user's mind about what he's doing.

Lovely update—and fast delivery. Thanks! The "til next update" is a nice addition.

Now, just to make your life more interesting, what do you think about being able to dismiss each item individually?

Lovely update—and fast delivery. Thanks! The "til next update" is a nice addition.

Now, just to make your life more interesting, what do you think about being able to dismiss each item individually?
lol i'll see if i have time ;)

Back
Top Bottom