Fractal: The Next Generation?

If you don't like answer don't ask the question!
Bah! If you don’t like the dislike quit posting dislikable answers!

Edit: seriously though, that would be an awesome project wouldn’t it?? Disassembling a III and an FC6 and putting them in one floor enclosure? Sounds like a cool engineering feat. Expensive experiment though for sure.

Edit: seriously though, that would be an awesome project wouldn’t it?? Disassembling a III and an FC6 and putting them in one floor enclosure? Sounds like a cool engineering feat. Expensive experiment though for sure.
I went with the FC-12 because it's almost the same width as the III ! I even sketched up a drawing of what it might look like. I would like to dig into it for sure. I have friends in the sheet metal business so it would be fairly easy to bend and cut something up that would fit the two pieces in the same housing. The hard part is not knowing if the main board in the III is physically unattached to the face plate. If not then it's just sourcing the ribbon cable extensions.

Someone's got wayyyyyy too much money. :)

I just don't care for the rack units. They make sense when there's more stuff you want to pile together but since an Axe-Fx 3 does pretty much everything you can think of having it in a rack on its own isn't that useful to me.
Until you need a wireless, an amplifier, a power distro/conditioner, or backups of all that for a redundant live rig.

Back
Top Bottom