Fractal Store Shipping

Dino334

Inspired
Ok...I was going to order and download a Cab Pack, but at checkout, it requires a shipping method. I try several times to order without, as it is a digital download, but to no avail. So I figure I'll order a t-shirt and some stickers...and the cheapest shipping is $17.00 and some change? That's almost as much as the t-shirt and stickers. Sale blown. The store needs some tweaking or something for its shipping. I was able to download the cab pack w/o a shipping fee.

Some say the Internet is a series of tubes, so maybe there's an option for delivery though these Internet tubes...

Ok...I was going to order and download a Cab Pack, but at checkout, it requires a shipping method. I try several times to order without, as it is a digital download, but to no avail. So I figure I'll order a t-shirt and some stickers...and the cheapest shipping is $17.00 and some change? That's almost as much as the t-shirt and stickers. Sale blown. The store needs some tweaking or something for its shipping. I was able to download the cab pack w/o a shipping fee.

I 'think' if you select a shipping method, it just ignores/deletes that fee/amount at the end of checkout.

Yep...I was able to get the cab pack. But it's still ridiculous to think the cheapest shipping for a t-shirt and stickers is $17.34 when the two items are $26. Stuff them in an over sized envelope and mail them USPS...BOOM! $3 shipping.

Yup, I thought exactly the same thing about the t-shirts. I was about to buy one until I saw the shipping cost...uh...no way...cancelled the order.

Yup, I thought exactly the same thing about the t-shirts. I was about to buy one until I saw the shipping cost...uh...no way...cancelled the order.

If you leave it on "more carriers" you can use the drop down and select USPS as an option. $6 for first class and $9 for priority shipping to CA.

Thank you much Cliff. Fwiw, the only options in the drop down menu were for UPS, STANDARD, NEXT DAY AIR, 2-day, etc...and the cab pack is INSANE! Man in the 30 yrs I've been playing, the AxeFx XL is truly one of the best, if not the best, piece of gear I've ever purchased.

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous for shirt/stickers. There must be a better way.

My friend ordered a plugin from MF online and had to pay for shipping, then wait for a box which apparently only contained a piece of paper with a download code on it. He was not amused, understandably.

Something doesn't sound right. The store queries UPS's server for shipping costs but those costs seem wrong. I'll have Matt look into it.

UPS's quote retrieval process is f'cked.
I have literally stood in the UPS store with my phone connected to their site. Both me and the clerk punched in the same dimensions and weight and got drastically different prices.

I've gone over it with a fine-toothed comb and can't find anything wrong. I sent you a PM for more details.

Thanks Matt. Maybe it's just a glitch in the system. I'll try and order again tomorrow and see what shipping options come up. I just replied to the PM too. Hope all is well out there on the other coast!
***UPDATE***
For the heck of it, I just started another order for the shirt and stickers...and the "more carriers" option was there! Needless to say, all is in working order. So to my fellow FAS forum friends who had similar problems with outrageous shipping prices, log in and get your shirts, stickers,etc. while they last! The shipping snafu is no longer a problem! Thanks again Matt!

Last edited:
All, leave the drop down "More Carriers" alone and click the "PLEASE SELECT" drop down and you'll be able to choose USPS. More Carriers gives you the UPS option which is more expensive. That doesn't work with the Axe FX purchase though, just other stuff like T-Shirts and stickers.

Back
Top Bottom