Fractal sighting at national/world touring BEATLE'S tribute band Rain

I was fortunate to have close seats at eye level to the stage . . . there sat a MFC 101. The George Harrison performer used it.
It made me proud - he has as fine a tone to the intro of Revolution, as I do!

Excellent show, if you every get a chance to see them.

Attachments

• April 5 2014 iphone pics 179.jpg
    April 5 2014 iphone pics 179.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 132
  • April 5 2014 iphone pics 178.jpg
    April 5 2014 iphone pics 178.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 109
I just saw them last night in Columbus, Ohio. Were you at that show? "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" absolutely ripped!!! The sound was phenomenal. Mr. X, you work the soundboard or backstage? I told the sound guy how great the sound was as I was leaving last night. :)

I just saw them last night in Columbus, Ohio. Were you at that show? "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" absolutely ripped!!! The sound was phenomenal. Mr. X, you work the soundboard or backstage? I told the sound guy how great the sound was as I was leaving last night. :)

Yes, the show in cbus. We were in row K, middle left.
Right, While My Gtr did totally RIP! George REALLY let loose and stoked those key notes in the outro solo.

That's great! Our FOH engineer really knows the beatles so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I run monitors and co-program the axe-fxs' with the guitarists, among other things.

Yes, the show in cbus. We were in row K, middle left.
Right, While My Gtr did totally RIP! George REALLY let loose and stoked those key notes in the outro solo.

I was in row W, so over on "John's" side. :) Man, if I would have known there was another AxeFX-II user in the crowd, I would have yelled out "A-X" and waited for you to yell back "F-X", like the "O-H-I-O" chant. :)

That's great! Our FOH engineer really knows the beatles so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I run monitors and co-program the axe-fxs' with the guitarists, among other things.

Yeah, I think as a musician and Beatles audiophile, I notice things during the show that other people wouldn't. Like I'm listening for that jangly Rickenbacker sound or certain things that some of the fans wouldn't even hear. The fact that you guys nail it just blows me away. I don't think people realize how hard it is to recreate those tones while singing, etc. I've seen a bunch of Beatles tribute bands over the years in different states, and RAIN just put those others in the dust.

Nice!!!! Thanks for chipping in Mr.X! It's what I love about this forum.

I think Guitarist mag in the UK did a feature on you last year......? I could be mistaken. Was the Axe slotted into an AC30 alike cab or something? I remember thinking how awesome that was (and digitally subversive, but that's the punk in me! ;) ).

The cool thing about the RAIN experience is that they basically just play, with only minimal talking between songs, etc. so it feels like you are really seeing the Beatles. When I saw them last year (first time), it actually gave me goosebumps. Anyone that is into the Beatles gets it. They start out with the early years, and the outfits, equipment, and stage setup changes as they progress thru their career. You really feel like you are watching their career right before your eyes.

One other thing is the mannerisms. The guy that plays John is more playful, etc. early on and gets more serious by the end. Same thing with Ringo. He is bopping his head to the music, etc. and then more sedate by the end. Those types of things just make the show so much more realistic. I'm a pretty huge Beatles fan (the first song I remember hearing as a child was "Something") and I was expecting them to be good, but they exceeding my expectations. You can tell they are Beatles fans.

Back
Top Bottom