Fractal Sale Wow!!!

My only concern is if G66 are buying them at even further discount from Fractal and then selling them on at full cost to Euro customers. Of course, they might not get the discount at all as a dealer.

Doh! just received my new AX8 "36 business hours" before this sale was announced. Happens to me every freakin' time! :mad::(

My only concern is if G66 are buying them at even further discount from Fractal and then selling them on at full cost to Euro customers. Of course, they might not get the discount at all as a dealer.

Unless Fractal sells them at a discount I reckon they paid full price for their units. I also reckon that if Fractal gave them a discount they would sell them at a lower price too, as it would enable them to sell more, the whole point of a sale, while still keeping the same profit margin. Especially in this day and age when customers can go online, and probably visit G66 via the Fractal website. So they know American customers are getting a sales discount.

I'm not sure G66 will ever be able to match Black Friday sales, Fractal has 2 margins, one for the builder and one for the US distributor. Fractal can offer 1 margin to customers if he wants to, G66 can't because it will be nothing left. This is just my point of view, and I might be totally wrong with it, as I'm not in Fractal's secrets...

I've owned a Standard Axe-Fx since 2008, didn't use it for a while but just got back into it when I saw the sale and couldn't resist pulling the trigger on a new XL+. Hope that there is a significant difference to my ol' Standard !

I'm not sure G66 will ever be able to match Black Friday sales, Fractal has 2 margins, one for the builder and one for the US distributor. Fractal can offer 1 margin to customers if he wants to, G66 can't because it will be nothing left. This is just my point of view, and I might be totally wrong with it, as I'm not in Fractal's secrets...

Methinks if they want too G66 can offer a sales discount. All companies that import goods still manage to offer occasional sales, despite having to deal with VAT and custom duties. It will just not be similar to Fractal's discount.

There's probably also different end goals here. Fractal is interested in getting its product into the general public and can probably afford to take less on sales and make it up by selling other services to its new users over the long term, like software. G66 has to make it all up from selling imported hardware only.

I've owned a Standard Axe-Fx since 2008, didn't use it for a while but just got back into it when I saw the sale and couldn't resist pulling the trigger on a new XL+. Hope that there is a significant difference to my ol' Standard !

If you're going to the XL+ from the original AxeFx Standard, might as well order a spare change of pants while you're at it. Let us know how your new Ferrari feels after getting out of your Yugo. ;):tonguewink::laughing:

So perfect timing in my case. I started researching and desiring to buy this past week. Made my purchase yesterday! I will be posting some photos soon, after I achieve 10 posts on the forum :\ lol

If you're going to the XL+ from the original AxeFx Standard, might as well order a spare change of pants while you're at it. Let us know how your new Ferrari feels after getting out of your Yugo. ;):tonguewink::laughing:
I've got my spare change of pants ready (hope that I need them) and there is a significant difference from the Standard. It will be very interesting comparing them side by side, my XL+ arrives next week, (I've always wanted a Ferrari). I'll report back after playing for a while (and change of pants).

I tried to take advantage of Black Friday sales using a MyUS address but Fractal saw through the ruse.

NO CHEAP FRACTAL FOR YOU!!! :(

Edit: Delicious irony (or sour grapes irony), Fractal cancelled my attempt to order yet still sends me spam afterwards telling me to take advantage of Black Friday.

Last edited:
my Black Friday was Xtra Large + good to me. Tee hee
Thank you FAS! I’m so happy and yes the built in presets so so much more amazing now .

Ethics aside (although I can't see a problem there - you're still buying from Fractal at their advertised price): if you re-post it from a US address, it's still coming "from the USA" so that doesn't change a thing about VAT and import duties.

I saw a listing on Ebay yesterday for an XL+ that included customs duties for shipping to Europe, and that brought the total up by an additional $500. Its legalized highway robbery.

Back
Top Bottom