Fractal: Rolls Royce Quality with Disney Like Customer Service

Kevin,

Great review and really spot on. I knew exactly what you meant with the Disney reference. As a father of two little girls, I'm FLOORED with the experience every time we go there. In fact, I made a comment to my wife last April when we went down there again. I said, "You know, I don't even think they allow trash to APPROACH the parks down here." You just enter this trash free, wonderland experience that's very surreal.

Here's a perfect example of their customer service. We were in one of their laundry facilities and I realized we'd run out of toothpaste (don't ask how, it just hit me for some reason). I used the laundry phone to call the front desk to ask them if they had a small store in the lobby I could come by and purchase some toothpaste. Their response? "We'll have that brought out to you immediately!" I said, "Well, we're in the laundry facility and probably won't be back for 10 more minutes. I'd be happy to stop over and pick it up." They replied with, "No sir, we'll have it out to you in 10 minutes." We literally got back to the condo and the guy pulls up in a golf cart with 4 tubes of toothpaste and 4 toothbrushes!

Not trying to hijack the thread and make this a Disney thing. I've had the same experience with FAS support and I agree 100%. Very Disney like! :) It would probably be pretty hard to get them to show up at my door with a new Axe II though! LOL!

Thanks for the kind words, all.
It's always nice to hear feedback from people who aren't soundly convinced that Fractal Audio is in league with the black helicopters people ;-)

I´m no. 5 in the doctor´s club then.
Interestingly I sold my Ultra just today (and I´m waiting for the Axe II impatiently).
There´s no real cure for GAS, let´s face it.

:)

ok that clears it up.. when i think disney its not positive.

As the story goes, when Walt Disney was a younger man he took his daughter to Coney Island. He sat down on a park bench and got a splinter in his leg - as the bench was not well cared for. There were cigarette butts all over the place, and litter thrown about. Disney thought to himself that when he builds his dream, he will make sure his guests never have to endure this. So that's why Disney theme parks are extraordinarily clean. They have a veritable army of employees patrolling every square inch of the parks making sure they're impeccable. They have a maintenance crew which obsessively maintains the rides and attractions so everything is 100% perfect, 100% of the time. They have a philosophy of "cleaning clean windows", so things are polished and perfect before they ever have a chance of becoming dirty or worn down. That attention to detail and perfectionism is what I had in mind when I created my analogy.

Matt,

When I'm experimenting with my Axe-Fx II, I wear a tin foil helmet (with the shiny side out), so the CIA and the people at Line 6 can't read my brainwaves. Would you like to subscribe to my conspiracy newsletter? :)

View attachment 6303

Kevin

Thanks for the kind words, all.
It's always nice to hear feedback from people who aren't soundly convinced that Fractal Audio is in league with the black helicopters people ;-)

I'd like to throw in my two cents.

I've been looking at purchasing a Fractal product (Ultra) for about a year. When I heard news of the FX II, I decided to wait.
Now that I'm at the point of being on the wait list, I thought I'd send the support team an email with some general product questions. This e-mail was sent this morning. Less than 10 minutes after sending that e-mail, my phone rang. It was Matt. Much to my surprise and glee, all of my questions were answered in short order. That one phone call will assuredly make them current
and future sales, it's as simple as that. Being in sales myself, I can honestly say that all of the reviews I've read prior to my interaction with Fractal were spot on. Customer service is alive and well people, enjoy the warm glow.

Best,

Dirk

Disney Customer Service

As the story goes, when Walt Disney was a younger man he took his daughter to Coney Island. He sat down on a park bench and got a splinter in his leg - as the bench was not well cared for. There were cigarette butts all over the place, and litter thrown about. Disney thought to himself that when he builds his dream, he will make sure his guests never have to endure this. So that's why Disney theme parks are extraordinarily clean. They have a veritable army of employees patrolling every square inch of the parks making sure they're impeccable. They have a maintenance crew which obsessively maintains the rides and attractions so everything is 100% perfect, 100% of the time. They have a philosophy of "cleaning clean windows", so things are polished and perfect before they ever have a chance of becoming dirty or worn down. That attention to detail and perfectionism is what I had in mind when I created my analogy.

I know some were thrown by the title of this thread. I knew right away what he meant. Disney takes care of the little things that you take for granted and might not notice specifically. My story always goes that while at Universal Studios (not Disney) I was cut off by a washroom attendant as I was heading for paper towel after washing my hands because he was in a hurry to change the paper towels. I had a similar encounter at Disney where the attendant noticed I was seeking paper towel and he stopped, moved, and handed me paper towel. There is a pervasive attitude at Disney that they drill into their staff that customer satisfaction is paramount. Comparing Fractal customer support to Disney is a great compliment to Fractal.

Not-quite-OT-but-close:

How on earth did "Mickey Mouse' become a euphemism for "slipshod or mediocre" anyway?

I'm an animation buff so here's some historical perspective: Mickey was created during the absolute glory days of animation, when Walt Disney and his team were churning out both creative masterpieces and technological breakthroughs at an astonishing rate. Snow White and Fantasia are still regarded with awed reverence by all animators.

From this perspective, I think it is perfectly reasonable to draw a parallel between what Fractal are currently doing with digital modelling and what Disney was doing in the era of Mickey Mouse - making astounding technical innovations in the service of a creative artform.

I got my axe last week. There was a loose screw in it, most probably due to shipment. It was not apparent which screw it was because I could not locate an empty screw hole. I sent an email in the evening to fractal with a picture of the screw. They answered within minutes and indicated that is was one of the screws for the handles. Screwed it back in and we're done.

When I bought my MFC and my axe 2, they have always been very polite, helpful and quick to expedite.

Back
Top Bottom