Fractal Relay Switching w/PRS Amps?

PRS is already closed for the day. 6 hour time difference between me and them, so I was not able to call when they were open.

Does anyone here know if PRS amps will work with the relay switching on the FX8?
I have an Archon 25 combo that I would really like to control from the FX8. It's a beast of a tiny amp, great for any venue here on Maui!

PRS is already closed for the day. 6 hour time difference between me and them, so I was not able to call when they were open.

Does anyone here know if PRS amps will work with the relay switching on the FX8?
I have an Archon 25 combo that I would really like to control from the FX8. It's a beast of a tiny amp, great for any venue here on Maui!

I have an Archon 50. I contacted PRS directly and was told the relays in the fx8 do not work with the amp. You would need to use another device like the mini amp gizmo to switch the channels.

Thanks. I'll have to do a little bit of experimenting with the footswitch this evening.
Maybe it has to do with the LED voltages in the footswitch or something. Might drain the amp's power supply through long cables.
I have a Voodoo Lab Control Switcher, but that and the Amp Gizmo are simple relays that are either Latching or Momentary.
Wonder why it will work with one but not the other.

Maybe it only has to do with the special cable that RJM makes for the Archon.
I could easily save myself some money and either make the cable or add 1/4" switching jacks on my amp.

I also have an Archon 100. I looked into this and the only thing that will work is the mini amp gizmo. A bit pricey if you ask me. It does have to do with the LEDs BTW. Let me know what you come up with if you get it to work. Thanks

I found this thread on the PRS forum: Archon midi switching solutions

It would seem that I can easily add 1/4" jacks or just make a cable that connects the footswitch jack to my Control Switcher.
I'm already using the Control Switcher for my Rivera Fandango (with home-made cable) though, so I would like to use the relays on the FX8 for the Archon.
Archon only needs 1 relay for channel switching, I'll just leave the Loop on all the time.
Fandango needs 3 relays. Channel switching, Lead Gain Boost, and Ninja Boost on clean channel.

Here is a picture of the back of the footswitch jack on the Archon 25.
IMAG2797.jpg
:shock Guess it's time to void the warranty.........

Back
Top Bottom