Fractal/Ownhammer Ultrarez IR's

rtcook

Experienced
Can someone tell me if these IR's in the Fractal store will only be available through Fractal? I have bought in with Kevin at Ownhammer and still have a credit in my account. I don't want to spend the $99 on the Fractal ones if they will eventually show up for me to purchase at Ownhammer. I don't have a problem buying the ones in the Fractal store if that's the only place they will be available.

Thanks,

Roger

You can wait until the updated Cab Lab comes out, then you can convert the wave files that you can download now (for the 1-12 & 2-12). The 4-12 wave files are coming. This will only cost $20.00 for Cab Lab but you have to convert yourself. For me, I only need to convert the ones I like & don't need to spend money again on cabs I know I don't like. Also, the ones at the Fractal store are only the SS power amp versions.

If you already own the Ownhammer packs, all you need is Cab Lab and patience. The relevant quotes from the Ownhammer web site for the 112 and 212 libraries:

Ultra-Res files can also be converted manually using the .wav files in this collection via the FAS Cab Lab Utility.

....and for the 412 libraries:

Ultra-Res files can also be converted manually using the .wav files (when they are updated to longer than 100 ms) in this collection via the FAS Cab Lab Utility.

I currently own Cab Lab. So, would the update be free or do I have to pay the $20 again?

I am guessing the 1-12 and 2-12 wave files are already long enough to convert to Ultrarez? I own all the 4-12 ones, but apparently they are not long enough? I see Kevin is not say much on his website about when they will be ready.

So the ones at the Fractal store are done with a SS power amp? I'm running FRFR through powered monitors. Would these be better or wait for the ones to convert?

Thanks for your time and patience,

Roger

You can wait until the updated Cab Lab comes out, then you can convert the wave files that you can download now (for the 1-12 & 2-12). The 4-12 wave files are coming. This will only cost $20.00 for Cab Lab but you have to convert yourself. For me, I only need to convert the ones I like & don't need to spend money again on cabs I know I don't like. Also, the ones at the Fractal store are only the SS power amp versions.

Back
Top Bottom