Fractal Modelling Combo

Purplestrats

Inspired
This might have been discussed on here before, but I couldn't find anything with the search function.

What if Fractal made a little 1x12 combo amp with a decent all-round speaker in it, a built in solid state power amp, a few amp models, and a few effects?

Say it had a clean fender model (e.g Band Master), a crunchy Plexi thing (e.g Super Lead), a high gain modded Marshall thing (e.g Atomica High), and a tight metal thing (e.g Mesa MK IV). The amp models would be tuned for the resonant frequencies of the cab, speaker etc.

Some basic effects like delay, reverb, chorus, drive pedals, compressor....

The ability to store a few scenes and switch through them with a basic footswitch.

I know I can buy a solid state power amp and cab and hook my Axe III or FM3 up to it, but for some reason I just want a grab and go combo with the latest modelling.

I'd buy one if the cost wasn't outrageous.

I think Cliff/Fractals approach has always been the modular one. If you want Fractal in a combo then you get your Fractal unit a cab and a power amp, or if you want to go FRFR then off you go. I don't get the impression they want to go too specific, plus they're not as big as Line6 so have'nt got the resources to expand the range to include something like your idea

I'd like to see something HX Stomp sized but who knows what Cliff has on his design board for the future

Would probably sell a crapload , but IMHO may dilute the laser focus of FAS on it’s flagships and force it into competition with the many bigger companies that already have these things....

Would probably sell a crapload , but IMHO may dilute the laser focus of FAS on it’s flagships and force it into competition with the many bigger companies that already have these things....
But would they have the resources to put it into production to meet demand without changing the make up of Fractal and getting bigger companies involved?
I'd be surprised if they went along this route as this seems different from their history and what all the previous modelling products did, that modular thing I mentioned
In fact, I wonder what their next product is. Considering the issues they had with the FM3 release I doubt we'll hear anything until it's ready for release and full scale production, and the mammoth amount of work Cliff's been putting into Cygnus (which amazes me we get for FREE!!) I think it'll be a while before anything's announced

Reviving this thread, this idea is AWESOME

However I see no reason why Fractal couldnt just take an FM9 or FM3 board, combine it with an FRFR speaker and give it some cool classic guitar combo aesthetics.

Id be all over this bish in a second!

Back
Top Bottom