Fractal MIDI SYSEX tutorial

Is there beginner tutorial about how to send and receive Fractal (FM3) MIDI SYSEX in python code? e.g. Python library mido

The library I wrote is in C for arduino, but the sysex stuff will probably port to python. I just grabbed it off the fractal wiki!

I'd like to know how to send a FullRes IR to the Scratchpad slots. A utility like this will be very useful for Axe3 Mark I.

What I would like to achieve is to send the 3-4 FR IR's when I boot the Axe, with a single click, instead of sending one by one via Axe Edit.

I'm trying to understand how to send a sysex message (in this case, it must be the ir with extension *.syx) to a specific slot in the Axe (which is the Scratchpad slots).

Any helpful information is welcome, if I can do it, I can share it, Windows users would benefit from this.

I'd like to know how to send a FullRes IR to the Scratchpad slots. A utility like this will be very useful for Axe3 Mark I.

What I would like to achieve is to send the 3-4 FR IR's when I boot the Axe, with a single click, instead of sending one by one via Axe Edit.

I'm trying to understand how to send a sysex message (in this case, it must be the ir with extension *.syx) to a specific slot in the Axe (which is the Scratchpad slots).

Any helpful information is welcome, if I can do it, I can share it, Windows users would benefit from this.
That isn't exposed in the midi spec... You'd have to reverse engineer it by monitoring the midi stream, I think.

Back
Top Bottom