Fractal Load Box IR ….

There was supposed to be 2 models in development but only the LB-2 was released.
Ah well, would be really something to have with a tube amp and then have another FAS product only for FX…..especially for recordings where we don’t need to bring FX…. For now the FM3 works great as both Cab Sim and FX.

I used the Captor X before buying the FM3, but sold it to buy the FM3. The Captor X is excellent, and is priced great compared to competitors like the OX. If you want a load box that can load IRs and do stereo processing, it is hard to beat.

It would be fascinating if fractal made a similar product that integrated their speaker impedance curve modeling. I think the main drawback of boxes like the Captor X is that they only have one physical impedance curve. I think they tried to use one that generally works well for most amps, but Fractal is uniquely capable of adding more fine-tuning that might be really exceptional in that type of product.

I use the Captor X and the Suhr Reactive Load for my amps
I used the Captor X before buying the FM3, but sold it to buy the FM3. The Captor X is excellent, and is priced great compared to competitors like the OX. If you want a load box that can load IRs and do stereo processing, it is hard to beat.

It would be fascinating if fractal made a similar product that integrated their speaker impedance curve modeling. I think the main drawback of boxes like the Captor X is that they only have one physical impedance curve. I think they tried to use one that generally works well for most amps, but Fractal is uniquely capable of adding more fine-tuning that might be really exceptional in that type of product.
Thanks a lot guys but I have the Suhr Load Box and the Fractal Load Box is coming in 2-4 days too......Do NOT like the Speaker Sim of the Two Notes products...Als their Speaker Impedance Curve in their Load Boxes do not feel that natural as the Suhr does and probably the Fractals too....they feel like an amp while the Two Notes feels stiff....the same experience I had with the two Notes Cab M+ compared to the FM3 Cab Load.....FM3 feels so natural while the Cab M+ feels stiffer with the same York Audio IR used in both devices.......Than I might still look for the Suhr Load IR instead of the Two Notes Captor X.

BUT yes, for that price , hard to beat the Two Notes...but for me TONE is more important than price.....thanks !

Hi,
Did not know where to post this but is there maybe interest / chance that Fractal would release the Load Box version Incl Cab IR loader ??

Would be killer !!!!
I thought the Fractal load box was just made to use amps with a AxeFx only.. I would be surprised if they made one with an IR loader but who knows.. I have an OX box myself to use with my amps....I want to get an X load soon and try it with my AxeFx

Get the Suhr Reactive Load IR.
I would have done if I would not care for the 20ms Suhr vs 170ms length FM3 of the IRs.....I hear the difference and prefer the 170ms which the FM3 can load......Only other options might be the Strymon Iridium or Boss IR200.....Anyhow : would be a great thing if Fractal would have separate Load + IR ....in any other ways : the FM3 with S/Pdif out sounds very very good !!!

Last edited:
The only thing I'd really want from the LB-2 is variable resonance and presence controls. The UK US switch is pretty awesome and would love a bit more control.
You could look at Masterplant's attenuators/loadboxes for that. They are the only ones I've seen that offer a knob for those. No experience with them otherwise.

I too use the Amp => LB2 => FM3 setup. It's great!

Regarding the IR into the loadbox... at least in my use case there's always something that is capable of loading IRs after the loadbox anyway, being it the FM3 or audio interface+DAW, so for me having the IR loader into the loadbox is not really necessary. Actually I'd prefer to keep it simple, if you ask me.

Resonance and presence control, on the other hand, would be a nice to have.

I too use the Amp => LB2 => FM3 setup. It's great!

Regarding the IR into the loadbox... at least in my use case there's always something that is capable of loading IRs after the loadbox anyway, being it the FM3 or audio interface+DAW, so for me having the IR loader into the loadbox is not really necessary. Actually I'd prefer to keep it simple, if you ask me.

Resonance and presence control, on the other hand, would be a nice to have.
There can be always something to load the IR into but there are differences in sound qualities…..when loading into my DAW or using for example the Cab M+ from Two Notes : FM3 sounded way better !
I don’t know what Fractal does but it is a great job!! So that’s why it would be nice to have that same quality in the Load Box added …. But yeah : FM3 is already great so I can settle easily for that and in the future the AXE III again .

You could look at Masterplant's attenuators/loadboxes for that. They are the only ones I've seen that offer a knob for those. No experience with them otherwise.
Ordered one a few weeks ago! I got all the bells and whistles on it. It's a good compliment to the LB-2.

Back
Top Bottom