Fractal Live Stream Tutorial Q&A

Yes it is general tutorial
If you have questions please write down In this post, it helps me a lot :)
thanks

Some live exemples of customisation of the layouts and "per preset" functionality would be great. But....it's my daughter's birthday; I will attend next time.
Can the FM3 accept direct commands over USB from a Cubase miditrack, mostly PC and CC scene changes, or would I need an USB to midi out interface like for example a midisport 2x2 to do this kind of automation ?
Didn't have much time yet to explore FM3 unfortunately.

N'otherrr question, for the next visio : Can I specify a banksize bigger than the number of buttons and hence with preset up down run through the presets of these banks. If not I guess this is a "wish".

If this is possible, I could for example define 3 or four banks, that contain patches for different guitars or the patches with a "songlists" for different bands.

PS Example :
  • Bank one, contains 10 patches for strat type guitar
  • Bank 2 contains 10 patches for les paul type
  • Bank 3 contains 10 patches for "blues band"
  • Bank 4 contains 10 patches for "rock band"

If it would be possible to specify different banksizes for each bank it would even be better,...but we cannot have all I guess.

PS 2 : I will try this during the morning, actually just reading the Footswitch function manual. It's for the time being the most difficult thing for me with FM3 to get the max out of the layouts

Last edited:
@lauke-lux let me suggest you a total different approach...
Try to think in the real world... many guitars, same amp... is it possible! Believe me ;)
I use 2-3 presets max for all my music.
You have enough effects to create a universal rig for your needs.
Follow me in the next live stream ;)

@lauke-lux let me suggest you a total different approach...
Try to think in the real world... many guitars, same amp... is it possible! Believe me ;)
I use 2-3 presets max for all my music.
You have enough effects to create a universal rig for your needs.
Follow me in the next live stream ;)
Hey Marco, yes surely and slowly I am moving to that; 10 patches was just for the example : I use 2 amps (and patches), for humbucker/P90 guitar. The same 2 patches at +3dB for the single coil guitar, another one for the lap steel, one for the acoustic, one for the resonator and that's about it.
Now with these 4 channels per amp, 2 patches should do for the e-guitars.
Digged the layouts this afternoon and with 2 bank views 6 presets and 6 scenes per preset one can play his life along....it's quite powerful.
Used to do some U2 songs with another band and for these I really needed a patch per song.
Hope to attend next time sure.

Will this be in English or Italian?
in English, Italian users can follow my YouTube channel to have further contents in Italian.
we also have Facebook group "Fractal Audio System Italia" to share lot of infos.
If you have specific request please let me know

Back
Top Bottom