Fractal just started buzzing !

mattseed

Inspired
Hi gang. Only just git my fractal before Xmas and due to my guitar being away I have only started using it this past 2 weeks. Tonight out of the blue a buzzing inside the fractal started, to my lay mans ears sounds like a loud fan......or a very small motorbike. I can't believe it's broke down on me I've waited 6 months to get this kit together.

Anyone she'd any light or had anything similar....I've let G66 know which is where I bought it from.

Thank you
Matthew

Thanks for that.....I daren't take the top off.....I just got it and am scared to touch it. I wouldn't know what to do if I did to be fair.

Matt

Don't open it up as that is sure to void the warranty. Contact G66. It may be just normal fan noise after all.

Thanks and yeah I figured it might void the warranty so there's no chance of me doing that. I don't think it is normal fan noise as it's not done it for the past 2 weeks and it's never moved from the same spot......I don't gig so it's not being touched really. When I picked it up too see if it was the axe fx or the matrix amp under it I noticed that when I tipped the axe fx backwards it went away, then when I put it back down it comes back!

Matt

Maybe defective bearings in the fan or just not mounted securely. Fractal & G66 are both very good with customer service so it will get sorted out.

My guess is the power wires are hitting the blades. They route by the fan through a wire clip. Probably got knocked around during shipping.

Thanks for that, the wires idea is what it sounds like. Is that something I can sort myself then would you say ?

I would hate to send it all the back to G66 and back again just to push a wire out the way.

Matt

I don't think it will void the warranty to take the top off.. there is no sticker saying so or a seal. a few screws, and lift up slowly as the power wire is kind of short. Might save you some time and shipping to just take a look.

Thanks for that, the wires idea is what it sounds like. Is that something I can sort myself then would you say ?

I would hate to send it all the back to G66 and back again just to push a wire out the way.

Matt

Yup. Just pop the top and re-position the wires.

Hi Guys……phew it was just a wire. Just in case it helps anyone else in the future here is a couple of before and after pics. The wire was a little short, i had to push it round the side of the fan stop it happening again……could maybe do with a bit more length and another of those cable clips on the side. Thanks G66 & Cliff for helping me sort this.
fractal fan & wire 1.JPGfractal fan & wire 2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom