Fractal IRs

guitardoc

Experienced
I have tinkered with the Fractal IRs which are included in the FW lately and found that they respond to the modelled amps extremely well - much much better than the OH or RW IRs. Even the OH V2 IRs do not sound as smooth and natural as the stock Fractal IRs, even though they are considered outstanding and used to be my favourite go for IRs until now.
Did anyone else come to the same conclusion? And can explain why that might be?

hmm i dont care for the ownhammer ir's at all. I still use stock, and the ocassional redwire. the new ownhammers sound too hi-fi for me, less like a real cab. ymmv, ihmo, blah.

Not sure what IR's you mean, but I have always liked the "stock" IR's better than the later additions of "stock" RW and OH. I'm not clear on how or if they differ from those in the RW & OH bundles you can order. But I'm crazy inna brain, what I like one day doesn't mean a thing the next! I'm on vacation all week and will be checking out a lot of new stuff.

I own some RW and tried some OH. I just keep going back to the Fractals. Maybe when AE TNP comes out i will goof some more. For now the stock IR's do just fine for my needs.

One of my primary goals for next year is to build up a library of pro-quality IRs. We are reserving studio time to capture as many cabs as we can. This will include classic amps (i.e Fender Champ) as well as separate cabinets.

I can't overemphasize the importance of IRs. The amp modeling is down to the point that it is so close to the real amps that it doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the IR.

The Axe-Fx II was designed with a lot of extra storage space for factory IRs and I would like to take advantage of that soon.

Does anyone else want to give Cliff a big hug right now? :D I have a feeling I am going to feel like it is Christmas nearly every day as an AxeFx owner!!!!

One of my primary goals for next year is to build up a library of pro-quality IRs. We are reserving studio time to capture as many cabs as we can. This will include classic amps (i.e Fender Champ) as well as separate cabinets.

I can't overemphasize the importance of IRs. The amp modeling is down to the point that it is so close to the real amps that it doesn't matter anymore. It's all about the IR.

The Axe-Fx II was designed with a lot of extra storage space for factory IRs and I would like to take advantage of that soon.

Oh boy!

Happy holidays, Cliff!

I think it's crazy that the IR's are going to see as much improvement as the amp modeling itself! Awesome :)

You are way too amazing to be true! What would you guys like to have for dinner the next year everyday? Or something! You will make everyone else in the business unemployed if you continue like this! Hahaha! But I'm really REALLY REALLY GREATFUL!
THANKS!

I use AxeII only for recording. Whatever other IR I try, somehow I always return to the Axe's own IRs. I can't explain in words why, those IRs are just the right ones for my ears.

Last edited:

This info raises the hair on my arms. Best money i've ever spent on guitar gear.

Back
Top Bottom