Fractal Friday with Cooper Carter!

Nothing wrong with it per se, but basically comes down to just a waste of hard drive space that crowds up your track view, to be honest. It's mono coming out of your guitar. No need to double it up.
You don't need the DI in stereo when re-amping to take advantage of stereo effects coming from the Axe Fx, like panning, phaser, flange? I'm guessing not based on what you're saying.

Love your videos, btw!

You don't need the DI in stereo when re-amping to take advantage of stereo effects coming from the Axe Fx, like panning, phaser, flange? I'm guessing not based on what you're saying.
The DI is a direct recording of your guitar. Your guitar is mono. The Instrument Input on your Axe-Fx is mono. So is every guitar amp you've ever owned. Your DI will work fine in mono.

So very very useful, Coop! Even tho I’m an RJM MMGT devotee it’s great to learn more about how the FC6/12 work.

Another simply excellent vid, Coop. Glad to see how you “add” the wah controller to the re-amp. Knowing that all things are possible in AFX Land, maybe someday show us how to write the controller info to its own track whilst re-amping (for those who want/need more granular controller editing capabilities) and then fold it all back into a single “perfected” track?

Maybe I missed this, but if you were to use this live, I assume you would have to do something like one of the below options to keep the signals separate?

• Use Output 1 for Guitar 1, running stereo or mono. Use Output 2 for Guitar 2, running stereo or mono
  • Use Output 1 for both guitars, each Guitar's chain has a Vol block at the end to make one exclusively Left and the other exclusively Right. Route both Vol Blocks to Out1. Both guitars would be mono in this case
Or is there some better option?

Maybe I missed this, but if you were to use this live, I assume you would have to do something like one of the below options to keep the signals separate?

• Use Output 1 for Guitar 1, running stereo or mono. Use Output 2 for Guitar 2, running stereo or mono
  • Use Output 1 for both guitars, each Guitar's chain has a Vol block at the end to make one exclusively Left and the other exclusively Right. Route both Vol Blocks to Out1. Both guitars would be mono in this case
Or is there some better option?

Yep, option one is the most straightforward.

Guitar 1: IN 1, OUT 1
Guitar 2: IN 2, OUT 2

Entirely independent signal chains.

You could also easily implement daisy-chain FC controllers with independent layouts to control each "rig."

So many killer tones! Do you know how many different cabs sims he's using throughout those patches? I completely understand if you're not able to share that info, but to my relatively blown out ears, it didn't sound like the same IR throughout.

Back
Top Bottom