Fractal Friday with Cooper Carter!

Yeah, ++1 - Cooper's tips have been a huge help to me getting the AXE dialed in to perfection. Great playing, and the pace, style, organization and flow of his content delivery is just right. Enjoyable to watch, and I always find something that's useful to me. What a great resource! Thanks indeed, great job!

Great offering as usual! Have been using the DI record technique for years even before I had a Axe, and great that you are letting others know about the benefits as well as the ease of doing so!! Thanks for sharing your knowledge!!!

If I’m using SPDIF > UAD Apollo > DAW for my processed signal, and then USB from AX3 to DAW for a DI, they won’t be in sync, right? So, not a great way to do it?

Episode 30

I admit, I'm new to this. I use Cubase 11 with the Axe FXIII. I have the USB cable hooked up, in Cubase I see 8 inputs for the Axe FX but I only get sound out of input 1 and 2. No direct signal, not any signal, if I use input 5. What do I do wrong? Any help?

I admit, I'm new to this. I use Cubase 11 with the Axe FXIII. I have the USB cable hooked up, in Cubase I see 8 inputs for the Axe FX but I only get sound out of input 1 and 2. No direct signal, not any signal, if I use input 5. What do I do wrong? Any help?
Not entirely sure, as I'm not a Cubase user, but you should be getting DI out of that no issue.

P. 20 in the manual shows all the In/Out blocks and how they get assigned to the USB channels, both to and from the computer.

Last edited:
Cooper, why did you record the first track in stereo? I usually record everything in mono.
Track one is the track for the output from the Axe FXIII. Most people are going to use blocks that provide stereo output (slightly different between left and right), so you need L/R channels to get everything the Axe has done to your original signal. The second track is the DI track, and that of course does not need stereo because it is just a feed of what is coming from the guitar.

Thanks CC! Always a pleasure to hear the tricks you have up your sleeve!! And sharing them for free is above and beyond kind!!!

Back
Top Bottom