Fractal FM9 MK II?

Shahar

Experienced
Now that the new floor controllers are released (FC6 and FC12 MK II), it's becoming more apparant and inevitable that the same will be used to create an FM9 MK II. Fractal themselves take pride in reusing components across their product lines. Hopefully that will also include more horsepower from the CPU, to edge it closer to the FX3.

Would someone care to predict when such product will be released?

Now that the new floor controllers are released (FC6 and FC12 MK II), it's becoming more apparant and inevitable that the same will be used to create an FM9 MK II. Fractal themselves take pride in reusing components across their product lines. Hopefully that will also include more horsepower from the CPU, to edge it closer to the FX3.

Keep dreaming…

Releasing an FM9 MkII when Fractal has only delivered to the day 1 waitlist folks makes zero sense. You’d have a lot of angry day-1 waitlisters.

Will it happen eventually? It makes sense. Will it happen anytime soon? Probably not, the only way they would release a MkII on the heels of MkI is if it alleviates the semiconductor shortage issue everyone is experiencing. And I highly doubt that is the case.

Releasing an FM9 MkII when Fractal has only delivered to the day 1 waitlist folks makes zero sense. You’d have a lot of angry day-1 waitlisters.

Will it happen eventually? It makes sense. Will it happen anytime soon? Probably not, the only way they would release a MkII on the heels of MkI is if it alleviates the semiconductor shortage issue everyone is experiencing. And I highly doubt that is the case.
I was thinking the same thing until I saw FX3 go back in stock this week. Meaning they're able to aquire some components, even in light of the shortage.

You're delusional if you don't think its inevitable for them to release a new updated product, eventually. They've done it with every other product, even the FM3 was re-released with a headphone out shortly after its debut.
Pretty far from delusional, but thanks for your opinion anyway.

FAS could release a MKII to anyone on a waitlist and/or new purchases, whatever. They could switch mid-stream and offer the MKI at a discount. It will come when they want it to. I'm good with however that happens and I'll get one when I can and not bitch "oh but I just bought a MKI, not fair"

This thread sure went south in a hurry.

OP asked for predictions then flamed the predictions he didn’t like. 😂
Not true, I truly appreciate everyone else’s response, especially the M@ quote posted by Leon. But responding “Keep dreaming” is a dick move, and doesn’t resemble a prediction in any way.

They've done it with every other product, even the FM3 was re-released with a headphone out shortly after its debut.
Just to clarify, the FM3 was supposed to have the headphone jack, it wasn't a redesign. When the first round of invites came around there was the option buy without it or not purchase and retain your spot on the list to wait for the headphone version.

I can see it happening, though as Matt indicated it would be in a timeframe they can’t yet predict. The update to the FC series addressed what has been the most consistent gripe about the otherwise fine unit. Hats off the FAS for doing it. I’m sure that, whether used as a mid-life revamp or as a true FM MkII, they’d address the same concern on the other pedals if real estate allows it.

Frankly, I think Matt was up-front about the likelihood (or lack thereof) for the FM to quell exactly this sort of conjecturing, knowing full well we’d discuss it anyway! 😝

Everything gets improved or gets left behind. I bet it'll take at least 2-3 years of post pandemic output and sales, but guys like Fractal won't sit on their laurels.

I don't think it's a wild question at all...

But I think any changes to the FM9 has more to do with the FAS flagship release dates.

For instance... all of these floor processors depend on FAS flagship product release schedule... Using past dates as a potential predictor for new releases, a new AXE 4 may be here somewhere around 2024/2025/2026..... that schedule will probably dictate more than chip shortages, etc....
Standard: 2006.
Ultra: 2008.
II: 2011.
II XL: 2014. (And III in 2018, Turbo in 2021)

They have allowed screen color inversion in old devices. Larger nicer, but not that big of a deal IMO. I'm sure the small screens will phase out. One good thing about Fractal stuff....always resells for a lot! I really never lose much.

My experience with FAS: If something new and better is available, they don't wait for business tactics. They just use it. So my prediction is they will use all the components of stock and they will have the plan for the MKII ready when new material must be purchased.

Given the huge waitlist, that must be as soon as the chip shortage allows. Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom