FM3 Fractal FM3: Eric Johnson "Cliffs of Dover" Tone

Hello everyone, a couple of weeks ago I posted some EJ clean& lead tones. I took into consideration some comments mentioning the lead tone was too dark. So, I re-worked the patch and this is what I came up with.

I basically switched the tube driver for a Super-OD and switched the enhance block for a pitch detune to act as an MXR doubler EJ is known for using. You can really hear it sing in the Ah Via Musicom record.

Anyways, let me know what you think of the new tone. Preset Name: EJ II on AXE Change. Cheers :)

-LAG

Last edited:
Hi Unix-guy

I hope I can keep my guitarist card 😀

sure I know about Guthrie Gowan - enough to know that he is an amazing player.......it’s just that I’m more into band-guitarist-song-players, like Luke, Dann Huff, Doug Aldrich and so on.

cheers
Søren

I basically switched the tube driver for a Super-OD and switched the enhance block for a pitch detune to act as an MXR doubler EJ is known for using. You can really hear it sing in the Ah Via Musicom record.
I just wanted to say that I loaded this preset into my Axe Fx III earlier and it worked pretty well for me.

I typically don't have good luck with other people's presets, and I only play original stuff but this was quite nice with both my Charvel DK-24 HSS and my Suhr Modern HSH.

Curious though, as you mentioned having a Drive in the preset but there's none in there.

I just wanted to say that I loaded this preset into my Axe Fx III earlier and it worked pretty well for me.

I typically don't have good luck with other people's presets, and I only play original stuff but this was quite nice with both my Charvel DK-24 HSS and my Suhr Modern HSH.

Curious though, as you mentioned having a Drive in the preset but there's none in there.
Glad you enjoyed it.
I got rid of the drive block in front of the amp and used the Super ODinput gain boost inside the preamp section of the plexi.

Back
Top Bottom