Fractal Fan-Boi

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcs101

Axe-Master
Man, I sometimes like this guy's videos. I just really lost a lot of respect for him though on this one. At about the 30 sec mark he dismisses "Fractal Fan Boys" (or is it Boi? I'm not sure :p). He basically equivocates all modern modelers saying you can get pretty much the same out of all of them. He then specifically addresses Fractal and from his comments it is evident he has never ponied up and purchased one to try out--that just seems very disingenuous. I'm sorry, but as I've said before, from the first chord I struck on this thing (FM3) I knew it was in a different league (and that was Ares).

Sorry had to vent. Yes, most modern modelers are acceptable, but I want the best! BTW--I have owned L6 and Boss (and some others).

I couldn't make the comparison myself, since I'd never owned a modeler of any type. But I read thread after thread, specifically paying attention to the ones posted by guys who actually owned the various choices, and 8 times out of 10, they said Fractal was the best overall. I bought the III mainly for the effects, and it seemed everyone who had compared the different units agreed the effects were the best. And this was also pre-Cygnus.
Some felt Fractal wasn't the easiest to use, but neither is a race car with paddle shifters compared to a car with an automatic transmission. But which one is going to get around the track the fastest, in the right hands?

Who cares?
It's more of a commentary on reviewers.

He came up in my YT feed and thought it would be interesting to get his take on the QC. I wound up not watching after this opening comments. I did scan the comments though and it looks like it was determined (once again) it's a great capture platform but the effects aren't there.

If he's talking down to the people on the forum, why would you link his video and get him more views?

From the title of the video alone: "I bought a Quad Cortex...."

'But, FAS users should buy me an FM9/Axe FXIII if they want me to try it out so bad.'

That's some fuzzy logic right there folks.

Or...you sell the Quad Cortex that you didn't seem very impressed with for almost 20 minutes and maybe get yourself most of the way to paying for a significantly better quality FAS unit.

Man, I sometimes like this guy's videos. I just really lost a lot of respect for him though on this one. At about the 30 sec mark he dismisses "Fractal Fan Boys" (or is it Boi? I'm not sure :p). He basically equivocates all modern modelers saying you can get pretty much the same out of all of them. He then specifically addresses Fractal and from his comments it is evident he has never ponied up and purchased one to try out--that just seems very disingenuous. I'm sorry, but as I've said before, from the first chord I struck on this thing (FM3) I knew it was in a different league (and that was Ares).

Sorry had to vent. Yes, most modern modelers are acceptable, but I want the best! BTW--I have owned L6 and Boss (and some others).

Why'd you get me to click on his M'fing video???? ;)

The fanboi comment is so juvenile. Not to mention a thoughtless cliche at this point.
Maybe if I gift him $5 he can upgrade his vocabulary. :)

Why'd you get me to click on his M'fing video???? ;)

The fanboi comment is so juvenile. Not to mention a thoughtless cliche at this point.
Maybe if I gift him $5 he can upgrade his vocabulary. :)
Figured you'd appreciate it. :p

I really felt let down in the first 60 secs of watching, because he has done some nice work and I (at least for me) find him interesting.

In retrospect after the OP, it is very telling that he KNEW he'd be hearing specifically from Fractal fans. That enthusiasm for Fractal is precisely what nudged me this way. It's curious that he hasn't at least given it a whirl.

Agree that term is very cliche. Despite that, he really shouldn't use it unless he's tried the product. Seems like the majority here used (some continue to use) multiple other platforms so it's not like we're a closed-minded bunch.

I will try to avoid forcing you to click on any further juvenile content in the future. You have my sincerest apologies!:cool:

I always find it amusing when these YouTube guys don’t even bother dusting off the pet hair, lint, and pubes from their gear before filming.

Hi. I am nobody. Send me "donations" so I can buy this gear I would really like to have. In exchange, I will film a 15 minute video giving you my worthless opinion on it. Thanks!

Worth a shot, right? Seems to work for some. ;)

Hi. I am nobody. Send me "donations" so I can buy this gear I would really like to have. In exchange, I will film a 15 minute video giving you my worthless opinion on it. Thanks!

Worth a shot, right? Seems to work for some. ;)

Yup. That's essentially what Youtube guitar influencers have become. You even have guys.... cough, cough.... who are going
to have an epic studio built in their homes on the backs... I mean, wallets... of their viewers.

On most days, my youtube feed is essentially just background noise anymore because of that. With a few rare exceptions. :)

Yup. That's essentially what Youtube guitar influencers have become. You even have guys.... cough, cough.... who are going
to have an epic studio built in their homes on the backs... I mean, wallets... of their viewers.

On most days, my youtube feed is essentially just background noise anymore because of that. With a few rare exceptions. :)
Yes, and that is partly why I pointed out this video. As I continue to observe different reviewers I make note of their integrity (or lack thereof) and that influences how much credence I give them.

A couple of guys I continue to like/trust are: Darrell Braun and Phillip McKnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom