Fractal discount in EU?

...not to mention the waiting list is over in US but it still exists in Europe. But I’ve got the point: fractal and G66 are always best in class in this forum. I just hope FAS could more carefully consider that when big discrepancies happens in terms of WL or prices between US and ROW is quite annoying for those who pay quite a lot more or have to wait longer. Eventually it’s something that jeopardize the brand, in my humble opinion.

In all honesty: the Service that G66 provide is outstanding and in my mind well worth the extra cost.
I would prefer to decide if to pay for it or not as for example it happens for the Apple Care. Nevertheless I don't think the customers in US have a shitty service because they pay less. With the extra cost in Europe I wouldn't expect anything less that what G66 does. When I look at the status of the waiting list I would say anyhow that it doesn't sound as first class service. And I stop the discussion here from my side. I just wanted to make aware FAS there could be opinions not biased by the cult of the brand

I would prefer to decide if to pay for it or not as for example it happens for the Apple Care. Nevertheless I don't think the customers in US have a shitty service because they pay less. With the extra cost in Europe I wouldn't expect anything less that what G66 does. When I look at the status of the waiting list I would say anyhow that it doesn't sound as first class service. And I stop the discussion here from my side. I just wanted to make aware FAS there could be opinions not biased by the cult of the brand

Sure, I can totally understand your feeling towards it.

I've had two instances, where I needed support and I was very happy, that I did not have to send the unit to America to have it replaced. To me, it was a great advantage, to receive the replacements within days, instead of weeks.

And please don't misunderstand my post as blind fanboy-ism.

EU buyers are still privileged to have G66. My only chance to get the Axe-FX III, on July 2018, was to pay $3,399 on Reverb.

And I was lucky that it was not stopped at the Thai Customs, otherwise I would had paid around 30% extra

I'm pretty sure FAS aren't allowed to tell G66 how to set their prices, at least according to EU law, so G66 decide themselves what sales and bundles to have.

G66 have to add VAT and duty, shipping and handling costs, they need some profit to pay for warehousing and staff, and to take care of extended warranty because of EU law. It'll never be as cheap for EU customers, but the prices are fair, IMO, considering the current laws.

Sussi at G66 is a legend, worth every cent :)
I agree, Sussi is great and her communications are always really nice. So guys don't mislead me, I like the "touch of love" that G66 put on every unit shipped, it's just annoying to see Kemper, Helix and Quad Cortex with similar prices across multiple regions and to live with this difference for FAS

Axe FX III is 2099 $ in Fractal Shop. Add to this warranty extension to 3 years (199$). In G66 shop it costs 2100 € NET (without VAT) which is roughly 2547$ so 247$ more than in US. This is actually not that bad. And then we get hit with 399 € VAT (approx 484$) which is still not that bad because it's German VAT (19%). Some countries have 25% VAT.

I build custom guitars in Poland and reality is that because of VAT my customers in my country have to pay more than customers in USA even though shipping cost to USA is higher (but it's a 50 € difference). It's also worth mentioning that there is a lot of regulations in EU countries that make running business expensive. High taxes, social security, regulations regarding garbage and so on. Gas prices in EU are more than double of what people pay in US (0.61 €/l vs 1.5 € /l). So a lot of this difference comes from taxes and costs being higher in EU than in USA.

I've been buying Fractal gear from G66 since Ultra days (it's 12 years already for me!) and have always received incredible support. I'm on my 4th unit from them right now (Ultra->II->II XL+->III). When my Axe FX II got fried by lightning beyond repair, even after warranty period, they still helped me a lot and gave ma a great deal on XL+. G66 support is absolutely stellar and for me is just as important as Cliffs constant work and firmware updates.

Also worth noting is that:
1. Kemper and Neural are European companies so product actually is imported from EU to other regions. Kemper costs more in US. Around 300$ difference on profiler head.
2. Line 6 is part of Yamaha, the biggest MI company in the world with their own distribution. It works on different scale than G66 and Fractal. But Helix is still a bit more expensive in Thomann than Guitar Center.

Last edited:
I ordered a FC-6 Tuesday, forgot to add a TRS cable for my expression pedaland emailed Sussi to add it to my order. Got an email 5 minutes later telling me she'll add it, free of charge. :)
And it's out for delivery now!

How the price of 2100€ (without VAT) for G66 is the same as 2298$ (with 3 years warranty) for FAS US, it is 1895€ or 205€ difference? May be I'm so stupid enough, I'll live with it...

How the price of 2100€ (without VAT) for G66 is the same as 2298$ (with 3 years warranty) for FAS US, it is 1895€ or 205€ difference? May be I'm so stupid enough, I'll live with it...
You have to add shipping (aprox 100€) then customs fee 4.5%. That brings you up to 2510$ which is (not ecxactly the same) close to the EU price 2540$

I didn't want to blame G66, they are a great company and I forgot that in Europe the sales price is ~20% tax included. I just was curious if fractal could (and want) to find a way to enable them to make bundle sales. I don't think Fractal needs this at the moment, as imho fractal produces the best sounding modelers so far but there is a lot of competition at start with new products and very aggressive marketing (neural).

Sure, I can totally understand your feeling towards it.

I've had two instances, where I needed support and I was very happy, that I did not have to send the unit to America to have it replaced. To me, it was a great advantage, to receive the replacements within days, instead of weeks.

And please don't misunderstand my post as blind fanboy-ism.

Ive had a similar experience -
my FC6 had a screen go down, G66 arranged courier collection and return, and I was without the unit for 4 days while it was repaired (at no cost to me).

my Atomic CLR power section stopped working - I had to pay to have the Power amp unit couriered to the USA and back ($120) and it took three and half weeks to get the repair done.

I was very happy that theres a European distributor (G66) to deal quickly with any issues.

Back
Top Bottom