FRACTAL DEMO IN OKLAHOMA CITY NEEDED

Not quite close enough for a demo, but I can pass on that the 11R was the last modeler I used before the Axe Fx. You will be impressed... In my opinion there really was no comparison. And that was the Ultra.

The 11R was good, and got me believing modeling could be a viable alternative. Once I went to the Fractal unit, there was no looking back. I still have the 11R, but with an XL+ and AX8 in the house I can't remember the last time I switched it on.

Fractal does ship to Oklahoma City and you would get their 15 day return policy to try it out.

No offense intended, but I can't exactly see many people wanting to invite a total stranger, with 2 post to their history, over to their home or rehearsal space to check out some hardware costing over $2000.

Perhaps there is a musician in a gigging band in your area who uses an AXE-FX... Other than buying one, It seems to me that hearing one in the mix of a live situation would be the next best way to check one out. Just a thought...

No offense intended, but I can't exactly see many people wanting to invite a total stranger, with 2 post to their history, over to their home or rehearsal space to check out some hardware costing over $2000.
Heh, I do that all the time. Ok, well, not all the time, but usually once or twice a month with someone who's interested, but not yet "sold" enough to pull the trigger. Usually meet them at a local studio or rehearsal space, take my setup and ask them to bring their guitar. This usually lasts anywhere from an hour to 3 hours (longest one, though it felt like it went by much faster).
Also, someone did exactly this for me when I was thinking about buying my first, too. I went to their house, sat and played with it for about an hour while they manned Axe-Edit in front of me. After that, they played some guitar through it as well, and played some recordings they did. A week or so later and I had my own.

I realize it's not exactly ordinary, but I love seeing peoples faces go from "Ok, I'll give it a shot but I'm happy with my setup" to "Oh, wow, I need this". Mostly bass players, as that is the scene I'm tapped into, but a handful of guitarists as well. In fact, this has become such a common thing, one of the studios here is working with me on setting up "Modeler Day", which will be an open event so people can come try these out, too.

Wish I were closer to you, OP - I'd gladly lend you a hand. Hit up SoundCloud and YouTube, but realize that both of those platforms won't sound as good (for anything, guitar, pickups, effect pedals, amps...) as it would standing there in person. But it should give you plenty to think about. Also, no matter what your financial hit should be minimal, thanks to the 15 day trial period (or, if you buy used, you should be able to sell for very close to what you pay for one).

I really need a Fractal demo in the Oklahoma City area
I have a Eleven Rack and I am not happy with it

Hey Walter, I can demo mine. I think you actually sold me that Eleven Rack, and then I sold it back to you when I purchased my Axe Fx II. :)
I don't have a lot of time this coming weekend, but could possibly spare a few minutes. Send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Heh, I do that all the time. Ok, well, not all the time, but usually once or twice a month with someone who's interested, but not yet "sold" enough to pull the trigger. Usually meet them at a local studio or rehearsal space, take my setup and ask them to bring their guitar. This usually lasts anywhere from an hour to 3 hours (longest one, though it felt like it went by much faster).
Also, someone did exactly this for me when I was thinking about buying my first, too. I went to their house, sat and played with it for about an hour while they manned Axe-Edit in front of me. After that, they played some guitar through it as well, and played some recordings they did. A week or so later and I had my own.

I realize it's not exactly ordinary, but I love seeing peoples faces go from "Ok, I'll give it a shot but I'm happy with my setup" to "Oh, wow, I need this". Mostly bass players, as that is the scene I'm tapped into, but a handful of guitarists as well. In fact, this has become such a common thing, one of the studios here is working with me on setting up "Modeler Day", which will be an open event so people can come try these out, too.

Wish I were closer to you, OP - I'd gladly lend you a hand. Hit up SoundCloud and YouTube, but realize that both of those platforms won't sound as good (for anything, guitar, pickups, effect pedals, amps...) as it would standing there in person. But it should give you plenty to think about. Also, no matter what your financial hit should be minimal, thanks to the 15 day trial period (or, if you buy used, you should be able to sell for very close to what you pay for one).

That is certainly cool of you to do, but seems a bit risky in this day and age.

I mean just look at all the stories of incidents from Craigs List when it comes to high end goods. Post a FS ad for an expensive guitar etc, and the "buyer" shows up at your place to "check it out" late at night, and happens to have 2 other dudes with him.....

Likewise, buddy of mine had his well equipped home studio broken into after someone came by his place to buy something a week earlier. Unrelated ? Maybe, or maybe the guy who bought a cheap guitar pedal happened to look around and see the tens of thousands of dollars of gear in the basement and starting thinking about when someone might not be home....

I've got nothing against helping a fellow musician out, and would be fine with a forum regular, BUT, when its a totally new person...... That gets my guard up

Certainly not suggest the OP is anything less than legit though, but given its not like I get a 10% cut from Fractal for helping sell a unit, I really have everything to lose, and nothing to gain from such things...

Fractal does ship to Oklahoma City and you would get their 15 day return policy to try it out.

I've had people drop by my rehearsal space or gigs to check it out. A phone conversation is usually all I need to feel solid with someone stopping by the rehearsal space -- it's well-protected when we're not there. And more people at gigs is a good thing, right?

lqdsnddist - about the only thing I can say is use common sense. Don't have people late at night show up, don't go to someone else's house, and don't show it at your personal residence. In the few dozen times I've done it, I've had zero incidents of any kind. I also apply the exact same rules to Craigslist stuff that I sell, which works just as well (often, I'll have people actually meet me at a police station to complete deals).
You may feel that you have "everything to lose, and nothing to gain", but to me, helping another person brings about a ton of personal satisfaction. I gain nothing monetarily from this, but life isn't all about making a buck to me.

. I gain nothing monetarily from this, but life isn't all about making a buck to me.

I suppose to some degree it shows just how crazy of first world problems we have these days when "helping" another person involves one person showing off their $2300 guitar processor to another person who is considering buying a $2300 guitar processor LOL

I suppose to some degree it shows just how crazy of first world problems we have these days when "helping" another person involves one person showing off their $2300 guitar processor to another person who is considering buying a $2300 guitar processor LOL

I know, right? I remember when the good ole days when it was a $1300 processor.

Im about 22 miles south of Durant there really is not a place where I am at to meet and jam and
My German Shep is anti social lol
just too much to deal with here but I had a really great teacher he came up from Dallas to help me
that took several times of me watching him do things but before long I got to fly on my own.

I have been playing and searching for tones since 17 years old and im 54 ive been through many tube amps in that search and some top shelf efx and gear and I got dirty down many rabbit holes.
I arrived here bloody and dirty from being on all fours rooting about for what floats my ship..
I got the axe 2 and never looked back sold most all my tube amps have some left and some efx
but I put the focus towards the axe...

Ive owned plexi marshalls, fenders, dumbles clones and an original Dumble which was made in 96-97 era is a 50 watt in bassman platform..
I read you could tone match so I recorded those dry and used the recordings to
adjust my axe too..

I got so close by ear I never had to tone match does that help ?
If you are in position to get mfc and axe xl and maybe some controllers
you are set for life...
If you have a laptop you can load axe edit and fractal bot
and be mobile with it so you edit on the fly.

If I hit the lotto tonight id buy two xls a noiseless mfc and 4
qsc 12s likely but im happy playing mine through JBL EON 15s
Im so used to that now and my desktop monitors are JBL 4328s to reference from
so I think thats why I was able to really match things by ear pretty quickly.

Here is the good news you can do it too !
Id go flat response speakers ie eon 15 jbl or atomic wedge or qsc 12 wedges
and maybe invest in FAS Ownhammer or Redwires Ir's
I bought the ownhammer bundle and have been so pleased with that Im just used to that now..

My teacher asked what I wanted he set that up and showed me how to do it
teach a man to fish and next thing you know he is showing you something neat..

I say get one and it will come loaded with quantum 2.0
consider this I got in during version 13 I think thats been a second ago..
The process of building and setting the blocks up I burned into memory.

The best money ive ever spent as knowledge is king ..
Buy one and never look back if you need some help Im just over the border in Texas..

I cant drive to Oklahoma city at the moment but I could be of help here or even online somehow...
If you had a laptop I can show you how to build up a patch in axe edit

I will say this my teacher can still kick my ass on it but that to be expected he did set loose a monster in north Texas though.. its like Christmas everyday I dont even go out if I dont have too.

I see you are about 2hrs 50 min from my location..

Last edited:
Hey Walter, I can demo mine. I think you actually sold me that Eleven Rack, and then I sold it back to you when I purchased my Axe Fx II. :)

What a nice coincidence!

I mean just look at all the stories of incidents from Craigs List when it comes to high end goods. Post a FS ad for an expensive guitar etc, and the "buyer" shows up at your place to "check it out" late at night, and happens to have 2 other dudes with him.....
+1
Always be careful and observe the signs, the same applies when you go to buy something to an unknown location...local people know each other or can get a reference from a known person...otherwise a simple phone call clarifies many things

99% nice people...but some hidden wolves!

Caveat bonum est

Last edited:
What a nice coincidence!
+1
Always be careful and observe the signs, the same applies when you go to buy something to an unknown location...local people know each other or can get a reference from a known person...otherwise a simple phone call clarifies many things

99% nice people...but some hidden wolves!

Caveat bonum est

Absolutely, excellent advice! I still have Walter's contact info from the Eleven Rack sale, so will be easy to determine if this is the same individual.

I met a forum member at a studio a long time ago to check out his II and matrix setup. Although I had been a forum member for a few years already with an ultra so a bit different. I think its a great way to at least check them out. Its fun to have someone show you around a little too.

Ok city is about 3 hours from me and I stick to Texas these days with current situation.
The county I live in has more concealed carry permits then all of the state of Texas.
The constitution is my permit.. Im not too worried about it.

Absolutely, excellent advice! I still have Walter's contact info from the Eleven Rack sale, so will be easy to determine if this is the same individual.
Hi I remember you
My phone is
Text me when you get a chance

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom