Fractal cancelled my order, and refused to ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I just refreshed the page and the Deal is not available any more, knowing that I placed my deal order and it was cancelled after PayPal authorized the funds, I will now lose a saving of around $180 that would have helped in shipping and clearance.....
I would not suggest .... but if you put your-self in my shoes ... saving for the device and then finding out about the offer, then taking sometime to clear some issues with the bank, whilst keeping my fingers crossed that the deal would be there by the time I'm ready, then finally placing the order and after 15 min or so it's cancelled. however, I still try my options with Fractal sales over the email..... not possible in any ways .... pulling my self together to find another solution .... now even the deal is not there any more..... I think that is may be too much to bear..... I understand your limitations fractal and thank you Fractal, it's not even possible with or without deals.

First of all, I'm new here so excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong section.
Today I placed an order with fractal ID #108716, and it was rejected by fractal sales because I'm shipping to a mail forwarder address.
In my country there is no Fractal dealer. I tried to understand what is the problem and they told me they had fraud happening at mail forwarder addresses and they have security policy.
I really don't understand ... I think the risk is on my side not theirs since they have a chance to take their time until the payment is fully settled and then ship.
I used PayPal , which I always use to shop from overseas with verified addresses. I even offered Fractal sales to wire the funds directly into their bank account, but they refused due to security policies..!
And they suggest that I refer to a friend/relative in USA to buy it for me, excuse me but this is a very strict requirement..!

I respect whatever policies you have but, now I can't or I'm not entitled to buy an AxeFx due to these policies .....!
Taking this to the forum is questionable behavior. You'll get a lot of opinions with very little to no insight into the issues. Addressing an email directly to Fractal would have been a better course of action.

buying from those countries will run me into double the fees as i will pay their import fees into their country and then the import fees into mine... I tired this before turned out to be ridiculously expensive
So you see/read the fractal international shipping policy, but still don’t understand?

The owner-founder of the company replied to you directly above as well.

We've lost tens of thousands of dollars due to fraud. Almost all of those fraudulent orders involved shipments to freight forwarders. Therefore we no longer accept orders where the shipping address is a freight forwarder.
I understand, but can't you take a direct wire transfer, this will close any chance for a fraud buyer to open not receivable item case

Taking this to the forum is questionable behavior. You'll get a lot of opinions with very little to no insight into the issues. Addressing an email directly to Fractal would have been a better course of action.
I really did, and came here to the forum after exhausting my options with them

all respects to Fractal and the owner, but I'm just out of options, sharing the reflection of this policy on an enthusiastic buyer from over seas

It's an unfortunate situation but Fractal has no way of knowing if you're an honest actor or not. A perfect solution for you doesn't appear to be possible. Looks like your options are paying out the wazoo for intermediaries or simply not buying a Fractal-branded modeler. Best of luck either way.

The way I see it is that the only options are
1) buying a used item
2) having someone with a physical address receive the item for you and shipping it forward to you.
3) buy something else.

I sympathize with you and hope you figure out a way.

I don’t understand why people think a company owes it to them to deal with markets they are not in. It is a logistical nightmare to address warranty issues unless you are in a market they have a presence.

You can always go to Boston on vacation and drive up to purchase in person, assuming the unit would even function on your electrical grid.
Isn't it about building your business and adding new customers?

It's not this guys fault that he happens to live in a country that doesn't have a dealer.

How would you feel if you was seriously interested in the Axe FX3, but Fractal was an Egyptian based company who didn't ship to the US?

Flying from Egypt to the US at the moment.

Are you serious?

Surely there must be a method to establish whether this potential buyer is genuine or not?

Oh I just refreshed the page and the Deal is not available any more, knowing that I placed my deal order and it was cancelled after PayPal authorized the funds, I will now lose a saving of around $180 that would have helped in shipping and clearance.....
I would not suggest .... but if you put your-self in my shoes ... saving for the device and then finding out about the offer, then taking sometime to clear some issues with the bank, whilst keeping my fingers crossed that the deal would be there by the time I'm ready, then finally placing the order and after 15 min or so it's cancelled. however, I still try my options with Fractal sales over the email..... not possible in any ways .... pulling my self together to find another solution .... now even the deal is not there any more..... I think that is may be too much to bear..... I understand your limitations fractal and thank you Fractal, it's not even possible with or without deals.
Well, If Egypt and Israel have a tax agreement.
You can pay Israel's full price with tax and not pay import fees at all! Just the unit and delivery.
Try to speak with Nati from the 6th String.

yes, my power grid supports it. And in the current age of tech and globalization everything is possible, I bought from many countries in different regions of the world, USA, Dubai, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Latvia, Japan, China, Australia. Does not matter the origin of the product and of course in case if no local dealers are available.
To ad to the dilemma, which does NOT help you, I know...............Remember Fractal is a SMALL company.

I know they've had multiple instances of fraud because when I ordered my AX3, the transaction remained pending (on their end, my debit card was already charged $2,257.98) for a day or two and then I received an email asking for a full explanation as to why my billing address and shipping address were different. I live in the US but I had recently moved out of my parents house and had not had the time to change it so my billing address was their house but I was having it shipped to my new place. Luckily, after I responded with my explanation, they shipped right away with no hassle. I know this information doesn't really help but I just wanted to make it clear that they do have justifiable reasons for their established policies and have obviously had to deal with some not so good people and fraud/scams so don't think it's personal and specifically targeted against you.

It's an unfortunate situation but Fractal has no way of knowing if you're an honest actor or not. A perfect solution for you doesn't appear to be possible. Looks like your options are paying out the wazoo for intermediaries or simply not buying a Fractal-branded modeler. Best of luck either way.
I Just an enthusiast hobbyist guitar player, and had my eyes on AxeFx for long years since ultra generation and for a reason or another had no chance to pull the trigger, and I think I sent to Cliff many years ago about international availability, currency variances, release roadmap, and the resell value ... and here is some of my random playing, I don't record much, but this was done with just podhd500x and small Pevey amp from the 80th and my lovely Ibanez RGT320Z
Music and guitar playing is a major thing that keeps me going like most of you here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom