Fractal Cab pack recommendations

Clickonce

Inspired
I mostly use these amps and the factory cabs in parens:

* Plexi 50W Hi1 - (4x12 pre-rola 55 M160(ML))
* Plexi 100W 1970 - (4x12 pre-rola 55 M160(ML))
* Dirty Shirley - (4x12 Fractal GB M160 && 4x12 Fractal V30 AT4047)
* Matchless (Boutique 1) - (2x12 class-a mix)
* Double Verb - (2x12 double verb mix)

For clean & low-mid gain stuff, which of the cab packs would you recommend that would pair well with these amps?

I'm pretty happy with the factory ones.. just looking for some alternative colors.

Any particular one of the cab packs that you would recommend starting with?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

The "ML Bulb Zilla" pack has a great feel and surprising diversity, especially for clean and low-mid gain.
Another favorite of mine for those kinds of tones is Cab Pack 17, "Buddy's Boutique." It's got some of my all-time favorite IR's in it, they're bright, clear, and balanced.

Additionally, both of those cab packs tend to pair well with the amps you've mentioned, without the need for much additional tweaking.

Anyways, those two have my vote!

CP20 has some of my favorite go to Marshall IRs (ML Brit HW is a particular fav, but the 55 and 75 pre rolla's also get a lot of use).
CP10 has the Fractal GB/V30 cab and the Matchbox, which are both awesome (highlights for me in there are the Fuzzbomb and Nuclear Tone IRs).... The "Obot the Robot" cab pack also has some cool GB/V30 4x12 Marshall 1960AX IRs.
CP21 has some awesome 1x and 2x IRs on tap, standouts for me there are the Fender, and both the Class-A's as well.
I'll put in another vote for really digging CP 17 too, the Buddy's Mixes IRs in there are great.

Last edited:
Hello,

Speaking of CP20, do you think that pack would be appropriate to build an "Iron Maiden" preset? I've been wanting to try my hand at building a preset from scratch for a while, and this one shouldn't too complicated to obtain. But I'm not clear on which IR to use.

I mostly use these amps and the factory cabs in parens:

* Plexi 50W Hi1 - (4x12 pre-rola 55 M160(ML))
* Plexi 100W 1970 - (4x12 pre-rola 55 M160(ML))
* Dirty Shirley - (4x12 Fractal GB M160 && 4x12 Fractal V30 AT4047)
* Matchless (Boutique 1) - (2x12 class-a mix)
* Double Verb - (2x12 double verb mix)

For clean & low-mid gain stuff, which of the cab packs would you recommend that would pair well with these amps?

I'm pretty happy with the factory ones.. just looking for some alternative colors.

Any particular one of the cab packs that you would recommend starting with?

Thanks in advance for the recommendations.

Don't overlook Ownhammer offerings.

If you are into that brand of rock that Josh Homme does, I highly recommend the Silver & Black Volume 1 collection that I have for sale on the Fractal site. The Acoustic 406 cab (2X15) ir's are absolutely killer with the Marshalls and the Dirty Shirley for that type of rock.

I would call that type of rock mid-gain compared to Slayer, but everyone has their sliding scale of gain.

http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Dr_Bonkers_Silver_Black_Bass_Collection_Vol_1_p/fas-801-0026.htm

Back
Top Bottom