Fractal Bot to update Strymon Timeline?

guitarcal

Inspired
I own a Strymon timeline and I would like to update the firmware on it. Can I send the timeline .syx firmware file to the timeline connected over midi on the axe fx iii to update its firmware?

Thank you, I am still not having luck with the update using either tool from Mac or pc.

Are you able to update strymon stuff using the axe? I selected the axe Fx iii as the send midi device in the software.

The software sends the midi messages, but timeline doesn’t pick it up.
“Sysex” means “system exclusive” which means it’s exclusive to a specific company. There are generic Sysex tools for sending Sysex files/data to devices out there, but, as @iaresee said, Fractal’s are for their own flavor of Sysex.

Are you able to update strymon stuff using the axe? I selected the axe Fx iii as the send midi device in the software.
That would send the sysex to the Axe Fx, which is not a midi interface.

Have you connected the Strymon to your computer in some way?

This question really doesn't make much sense on the Fractal Forum except that you might find another person here who just happens to have that experience.

Strymon support or forum or manual might be a better resource...

@unix-guy

I agree, the Fractal is the only device I own that can possibly send midi over usb, so wanted to start here. I'll get out on another forum to see if it's possible. I know there are other devices I can use, but I am trying to keep from buying anything.

Appreciate the help all!

@unix-guy

I agree, the Fractal is the only device I own that can possibly send midi over usb, so wanted to start here. I'll get out on another forum to see if it's possible. I know there are other devices I can use, but I am trying to keep from buying anything.

Appreciate the help all!
Gotcha... That info would have helped to know upfront ;)

The Axe Fx II could operate as a "pass thru" midi interface but the new generation Fractal devices can't.

I'm really surprised the Strymon doesn't include a USB jack.

If you do have to buy one, you can find USB to midi adapters fairly cheap. I have an early version of the M-audio MidiSport UNO. Had it for a long time and it still works great.

Its tricky but easy one you have the midi hooked up right. The strymon site has the exact part midi to usb to buy. firmware hasnt changed really ever though. I use to alter presets in NIXIE.

Back
Top Bottom