Fractal-Bot Issue when trying to perform backup?

Smashcube

Hello,
I am need to the Fractal world, but am really enjoying it. Everything has been fine until I tried to make my first backup. It may be covered somewhere else, but I am having a problem with creating a backup of my FM3 using Fractal-Bot. I am currently on FM3 V3.0 and wanted to create a backup before going to FM3 V3.1. I tried both the standalone version of Fractal-Bot (V3.0.8) and the FM3 Edit V3.0 version of Fractal-Bot (V3.0.7) and get the same “FM3-Edit Access is Denied” error. Is there something I am missing or need to check in the setup? Thanks in advance for any help!

Are you on mac or windows? Perhaps that error is in trying to create the backup directory on your computer?

Hello,
I am need to the Fractal world, but am really enjoying it. Everything has been fine until I tried to make my first backup. It may be covered somewhere else, but I am having a problem with creating a backup of my FM3 using Fractal-Bot. I am currently on FM3 V3.0 and wanted to create a backup before going to FM3 V3.1. I tried both the standalone version of Fractal-Bot (V3.0.8) and the FM3 Edit V3.0 version of Fractal-Bot (V3.0.7) and get the same “FM3-Edit Access is Denied” error. Is there something I am missing or need to check in the setup? Thanks in advance for any help!
What folder are you saving to?

I created a folder in my Program Files under the Fractal Audio folder for backups. Is there a limit on how long the file location string can be? Just a thought.
Not sure about that, but try any other location, like a folder in documents or desktop just to see if that works.

Not sure about that, but try any other location, like a folder in documents or desktop just to see if that works.
I created a folder in My Documents and that fixed the issue! Thanks so much for the suggestions and help. It is very much appreciated. Have a great night!

Hi,

An iMac user and have encountered the same problem. However, when creating a folder to send, my iMac prompts me to open the folder and select only one file (Command-A does not multiple-select) to send.

My iMac has only 5 FM3 files that can be selected.

How does one perform an entire FM3 library backup in v. 3.02 to iMac just in case of needing to revert to v. 3.02 if v. 4.00 beta 5 might not work out yet?

My Documents folder has a Fractal FM3-Edit folders that contains blocks and preset > templates. What files should be backed up to my Documents, and how does one do this?

EDIT: Just reviewed Pg. 100 of the User's Manual. Understand now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom