Fractal-bot freezing computer during backup on Windows 7

sandmannn69

Experienced
When doing a backup of presets/user cabs using fractal-bot on windows 7, the computer will freeze/require reboot every time.

Using the same USB cable, when I perform the same backup on my windows 10 lappy, it completes the backup every time.
Tried two different cables, neither work with windows 7 computer, both work with windows 10 computer.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I can't help, but I also have a win7 laptop, but ever since MS stopped supporting it, I don't connect it to the internet. How are you dealing with that? Or is it not as big of an issue as I'm led to believe?

I can't help, but I also have a win7 laptop, but ever since MS stopped supporting it, I don't connect it to the internet. How are you dealing with that? Or is it not as big of an issue as I'm led to believe?
Why don't you connect? Not sure what you are asking....

As I understand it, without security fixes from MS, the system is more vulnerable. Maybe I'm just drinking the MS koolaid, or it's not enough of a concern, but I chose to just buy a cheap Win10 laptop for internet activities.

I figured it out. I was trying to make a backup to a folder on my desktop (which I've been using for a couple of years), and the backup would crash, completely freezing the computer, requiring a re-boot.

I tried doing a backup to a different location, and it worked. So apparently it is something to do with the backup location. Not that anybody cares....

I just got an AxeFX III a few days ago, and have been experiencing the same issue on Windows 7 laptop (using it just for music stuff). Trying to do a backup of the factory setup & presets, but the Fractal Bot just locks up the entire laptop. I can run it for my Axe II XL no problem.

Anyone having this issue? Am I missing some initial setup configurations?
Would really appreciate any help anyone can give.

The only time I’ve had an issue like that is when I was using the factalbot inside axeedit. When I use the standalone fractalbot it works fine.

Back
Top Bottom