• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Fractal-bot freezing computer during backup on Windows 7

sandmannn69

Inspired
When doing a backup of presets/user cabs using fractal-bot on windows 7, the computer will freeze/require reboot every time.

Using the same USB cable, when I perform the same backup on my windows 10 lappy, it completes the backup every time.
Tried two different cables, neither work with windows 7 computer, both work with windows 10 computer.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

TSJMajesty

Power User
I can't help, but I also have a win7 laptop, but ever since MS stopped supporting it, I don't connect it to the internet. How are you dealing with that? Or is it not as big of an issue as I'm led to believe?

sandmannn69

Inspired
I can't help, but I also have a win7 laptop, but ever since MS stopped supporting it, I don't connect it to the internet. How are you dealing with that? Or is it not as big of an issue as I'm led to believe?
Why don't you connect? Not sure what you are asking....

TSJMajesty

Power User
As I understand it, without security fixes from MS, the system is more vulnerable. Maybe I'm just drinking the MS koolaid, or it's not enough of a concern, but I chose to just buy a cheap Win10 laptop for internet activities.

Top Bottom