Fractal-Bot error sending sysx to Axe-Fx 3.01

Conley Shepherd

Experienced
I had a file I generated on 01/25 and sending it to the AF3 from fractal bot results in an error saying that upload_2019-2-2_8-2-58.png

I see the midi activity light working in the AF3. I am using the USB connection for fractal bot to the AF3.

the recent bios updates worked without issue.

Please advise

I'm having the same issue with Fractal Bot v2.1.1 and AF3 using v2.05. I tried backing up both the entire system and just presets etc and i'm not able to do anything ! I even tried updatng to AF3 v3.0 without backing up but i get the same error message !

Anyone have an idea to help us resolve this ???

I'm having the same issue with Fractal Bot v2.1.1 and AF3 using v2.05. I tried backing up both the entire system and just presets etc and i'm not able to do anything ! I even tried updatng to AF3 v3.0 without backing up but i get the same error message !

Anyone have an idea to help us resolve this ???
(assuming you mean Fractal-Bot v2.11.1, if you really mean 2.1.1, upgrade now, that's old)

Steps I would try to resolve that...
  1. Disconnect USB
  2. Power off AFX III
  3. Disconnect any other MIDI gear
  4. Restart computer
After computer restarts, and before opening any other programs, or reconnecting any other MIDI gear:
  1. Power on AFX III
  2. Wait maybe 30 seconds after boot up completes
  3. Plug back in USB
  4. Open Fractal-Bot
  5. Try a backup
If the above doesn't solve the issue, try a different USB cable and USB port on the computer (if at all possible).

Sounds like you say you tried backing up with Firmware 3.0.0 installed? Can we assume that means you're able to send files TO the III okay with Fractal-Bot? Have you tried using Fractal-Bot to backup a single preset? Does that work okay? Does Axe-Edit work okay?

For whatever it's worth, no issues here, I've tried backing up both the whole system, individual bank selections, and single presets without error. Also no error on transferring FW 3.0.1 or individual presets... Mac version of Fractal-Bot, are the three of you having issues all Windows version maybe? If so, might be worth trying to reinstall the driver as a "just in case" if the issues persists, and see if that sorts it.

the issue has gone away - just brought up the PC and retried and got the all good and reboot message.
just repro'd this issue on 2 machines. Both Win10.

Is there a setting in the AF3 that might be causing midi to not transmit from the AF3? I am using USB. I can try my UFX as a midi interface to see if that works or not.

The USB interface/setup or driver is causing this issue.

I used the midi in/out hooked up to my RME UFX and I was able to write and read SYSEX without issue.

AXE windows Driver = 4.47.0.36296 from August, 2018

If this device fails to do sysex on each of my machines through USB, how is it going to act as an audio interface? I haven't used it yet that way because I am still trying to group my patches and setup foot controllers/amps and speakers.

My AXE has an issue with USB for sure. It is either the driver, setup or the hardware. I know sysex fails on both of my computers through USB/Midi. I have tried several USB cables as well with same results. Could there be a buffer adjustment needed for USB? I did notice there was a huge difference of speed when going direct with midi from my UFX(slower) compared to direct USB midi.

I am gonna try a factory reset after backing everything up.

I am going to power down the AXE after each attempt to write sysex to the axe and restart the fractal bot before sending any sysex. So each will have a fresh start. With so many of these in the field, I have to wonder why this one is special... (or the user is yellow bus special)

I have verified on my computer with USB and axe that Fractal bot is indeed sending the sysex in completion and as good data. The fractal bot sysex error message is erroneous.

I setup my axe as I needed to with my HD500X controller. I backed that up. I then reset the AXE again. Then I restored the sysex from fractal bot, got the error and verified the sysex was sent good with all values set as desired.

Back
Top Bottom