Fractal-Bot and Windows XP

kaos7

I upgraded all firmware tonight so I'm now at:
Axe-FX II firmware 10.02
MFC 2.16
Fractal-Bot 1.1

I'm using a laptop that has Win XP SP3 installed. I have not been able to ever upgrade the Axe-FX II firmware with Fractal-Bot but was successful upgrading the MFC-101.

When trying to upgrade the Axe-Fx II, I always get an error stating that "An error occurred during file transmission. This may have happened because you manually put the Axe-Fx II into firmware update mode which is not necessary for the version of the firmware that is currently installed. Please try again." However, I did not manually initiate the transfer, Fractal-Bot started the transfer automatically. Anyway, I notice that when trying to update the Axe-FX II, the "MIDI Buffer Delay" dialog item defaults to 0 ms and is greyed out so that I cannot change the value. However, I am able to successfully load the firmware using Axe Edit v1.0.317 (which also has the "MIDI Buffer Delay" defaulted to 0 ms), which is obviously the only thing I do with this version of Axe Edit.

When I tried to update the MFC to v 2.16, by default the "MIDI Buffer Delay" was set to 150 ms and was no longer greyed out. Using this default value, Fractal-Bot got way ahead of the MFC and reported the transfer was complete with the MFC only at 19% complete. I adjusted the buffer delay to 300 ms and it worked like a charm with the Fractal-Bot progress bar and the MFC progress bar values proceeding together.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I have various methods to successfully accomplish the firmware upgrades and have been happily playing my axe all evening. I'm just posting to see if others using Win XP are having similar issues? Of course, perhaps it's time to throw this XP machine in the trash and get a more modern machine :lol

Mine worked with xp the first time I tried to update my mfc I got error 14 did it again worked fine fractal not is easier for everything remember to have your axefx2 in play mode to update it will not work if you have it waiting for an update

My old Dell desktop with XP has worked perfectly with the Bot for both upgrades since it came out - so I'm not sure it's OS-related. Hopefully someone here can tell you how to fix it.

I too have gone thru the same error experience with my laptop which operates with windows xp home edition sp3, but last night I attempted to upgrade my firmware to 10.02 and whala it worked, I just don't know what is going on with this Frac-Bot.

I've asked this question before in another thread - are those having issues using XP "Home Edition" ??
I have XP Pro - both 32 and 64-bit version - and have not experienced these issues.
So far, it appears the issues are restricted to something happening on XP Home. Knowing this would certainly help the dev team track down the problems.

It's happening with to me as well.
I have a new Imac, fractal bot 1.1 and I'm attempting to install firmware 10.2 (I have now the 10)

Back
Top Bottom