Fractal-Bot 3.00.12

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Fractal-Bot 3.00.12 is now available on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php

================================================
Fractal-Bot 3.0.12 Release Notes:

Corrected a bug in the embedded editor version of Fractal-Bot in which an infinite number of modal dialogs where shown upon the completion of sending a file to the connected device.

Added the ability for Fractal-Bot to determine if the selected device is currently connected to another Fractal Audio application. Requires the minimum version of the following editors (which will be released in the next few days): Axe-Edit III 1.10.05, FM3-Edit 1.05.03, and FM9-Edit 1.00.02.

Fractal-Bot 3.00.12 is now available on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php

Fractal-Bot 3.0.12 Release Notes:

Corrected a bug in the embedded editor version of Fractal-Bot in which an infinite number of modal dialogs where shown upon the completion of sending a file to the connected device.

Added the ability for Fractal-Bot to determine if the selected device is currently connected to another Fractal Audio application. Requires the minimum version of the following editors (which will be released in the next few days): Axe-Edit III 1.10.05, FM3-Edit 1.05.03, and FM9-Edit 1.00.02.
so, when Axe-Edit and Fractal Bot are both open, then I get told that only one application can be connected to my Axe-III? This is not a bug but a feature? Honestly, I am not a big fan of this

so, when Axe-Edit and Fractal Bot are both open, then I get told that only one application can be connected to my Axe-III? This is not a bug but a feature? Honestly, I am not a big fan of this
You can be a not-fan of this all you want, but it's the USB protocol that says a device (the modeler) can only talk to one host (the app trying to connect). In other words, pick either Fractal-Bot or *Edit. You'll get a failure to connect from whichever is the second to try to connect. Fractal has nothing to say about it because it's below their level in the operating system.

You really don't want both apps to talk to the same device at the same time anyway. They'd confuse the modeler and each other and rapidly be out of sync with each other, then you'd be mad at Fractal.

Don't even use the standalone Fractal-Bot, because it's already built into the *Edit programs, and they update it whenever they're updated. If you insist on using them both then be aware that only one can run and connect at a time.

Last edited:
You can be a not-fan of this all you want, but it's the USB protocol that says a device (the modeler) can only talk to one host (the app trying to connect). In other words, pick either Fractal-Bot or *Edit. You'll get a failure to connect from whichever is the second to try to connect. Fractal has nothing to say about it because it's below their level in the operating system.

You really don't want both apps to talk to the same device at the same time anyway. They'd confuse the modeler and each other and rapidly be out of sync with each other, then you'd be mad at Fractal.

Don't even use the standalone Fractal-Bot, because it's already built into the *Edit programs, and they update it whenever they're updated. If you insist on using them both then be aware that only one can run and connect at a time.
Hello Greg,
As I was reading over your reply I had a revelation and then question and feel silly for not realizing this before. If I understand your comment the Fractal Bot embedded in FM3 Edit is completely able to run without having the standalone version installed? For whatever reason I had thought that when clicking Fractal Bot in FM3 Edit it was just running a DLL or something to open the standalone version installed. Oh BTW, talking about Windows here. I’m still a bit of a newbie and little things get by me here and there. Thanks for any clarification.

Hello Greg,
As I was reading over your reply I had a revelation and then question and feel silly for not realizing this before. If I understand your comment the Fractal Bot embedded in FM3 Edit is completely able to run without having the standalone version installed? For whatever reason I had thought that when clicking Fractal Bot in FM3 Edit it was just running a DLL or something to open the standalone version installed. Oh BTW, talking about Windows here. I’m still a bit of a newbie and little things get by me here and there. Thanks for any clarification.
You don't need the standalone version...

Back
Top Bottom