Fractal-Bot 3.00.06

Regarding the possible effect of Windows 10 updates that might have affected FractalBot operation: My last successful FractalBot backup was 11/20/20, 5:37pm EST. My Windows update log says that the last automatic update was done on 11/20/20, but I don't know what time that happened. The update was KB4023057. (Odd, that particular Windows update doesn't show up in the list for allowing "uninstall" to be done, so I don't know how to uninstall it to check to see its effect.) Hope this is of some use... Thanks, John
Found some relevant information regarding that update:
https://betanews.com/2020/08/31/microsoft-windows-10-kb4023057-forced-upgrades/

That KB update is over three months old, so I really doubt it's what's causing today's trouble. I for one have been using Fractal-Bot (at that time 3.00.05, which still works today, contrary to 3.00.06) after receiving that update, with no problem whatsoever.

There really is something wrong with Fractal-Bot 3.00.06 on Windows 10.

Another Windows Update today but still the same problem. Can somebody give me an update on this? I am not sure if this a Fractal Bot issue or my computer/Windows. I can't backup anything and therefore I do not want to update.

Thanks,

Roger

Where can I get fractalbot 3.00.05 till this problem gets resolved? I'm going to go back to the previous version.

I tried that. Did the same thing for me. Which makes me believe its a Windows Update issue. Please post if it works for you. I'm sure someone can tell you where to get the file.

I tried that. Did the same thing for me. Which makes me believe its a Windows Update issue. Please post if it works for you. I'm sure someone can tell you where to get the file.
I never updated my windows 10 to the new update so I can not confirm that the update is what caused the issue. need to find the 3.00.05 first

Update:
It looks as though an update to Windows changed something in the kernel timing. This has exacerbated a buffer overflow bug in the driver. We are hoping for an updated driver later this week.

Currently the issue predominantly affects Windows 10 Home users. Windows 10 Pro seems to be mostly immune although there is one reported user with a problem on Win10 Pro. All our office computers are Win10 Pro and we do not experience the issue on those computers. Macs are unaffected.

Please note that engineering works tirelessly to ensure customer satisfaction and are doing everything in their power to resolve the problem.

Thank you for responding/explaining. I can wait for the fix now.

Everything you guys do is so much appreciated you'll never know.

Roger

👋 Hi guys,new to anything Fractal.

Axefx3 mk2 here...... having the same timeout message as people above, I'll hold off updating till I can do a back up.

BTW first post ;)

Back
Top Bottom