Fractal-Bot 3.00.06

Just updated on Win10 - cannot make backup as message timeout come on bank A or B.... Even trying backup single items (BTW. cannot unmark complete backup) it was not working. Uninstalled, installed 3.0.5 and backup done flawlessly...

Just updated to 3.00.06 here and I can't update the firmware anymore on my Axe-Fx III. I can browse to the .syx file but the "Begin" button never comes alive...

Went back to 3.00.05 and it works again.

Sure. Either in stand-alone or internal Fractal-Bot:

• in "Select your device", choose Axe-Fx III
  • in "Choose a file to send", click "Browse", select a valid .syx file
  • "Begin" button in "Send the file!" stays grayed out

Again, it works just fine on Fractal-Bot 3.00.05 (as it always had on previous versions AFAIK).

Mine is not grayed out and tries 3 times with various percentages complete but then fails with the message time out.

Last edited:
In my case Win 10 biuld 20H2, downgrade to 3.00.05 helped. I did not tested with FB from AE III.

System data downloaded correctly, always message timeout on bank1.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same. 3 tries at about 50% each complete on System + Global Blocks + FC and then errors on Message timeout. Does the same if I try anything else as well. I cannot backup now which is preventing me to update. I suppose I can try the prior version of Fractal Bot.

Tried prior version of Fractal Bot. Now it is doing the same thing. There must have been some Windows updates that have run since. I am not sure what to check now. Suggestions? I'm stuck.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same. 3 tries at about 50% each complete on System + Global Blocks + FC and then errors on Message timeout. Does the same if I try anything else as well. I cannot backup now which is preventing me to update. I suppose I can try the prior version of Fractal Bot.
Have you tried backing them up in smaller units? Like just system settings or just 1 bank at a time?

Have you tried a different USB cable and port?

Have you tried changing to an empty preset before starting the backup? Not sure this would help but it does make backups faster, so it may change something.

Can't even backup one. Tried.

Same setup I've had the entire time. Never moved. Cable is not the issue. Everything else works.

Empty preset? I can't even get Fractal Bot to start the process. This is irrelevant.

I'm still thinking this is a Windows update that has hosed this. Just not sure how to find out what is was.

Can't even backup one. Tried.

Same setup I've had the entire time. Never moved. Cable is not the issue. Everything else works.

Empty preset? I can't even get Fractal Bot to start the process. This is irrelevant.
You said above that it gets to 50%. How can it get there if you can't start?

How do you know the cable or port is not the problem?

Back
Top Bottom