Fractal-Bot 3.00.06

Thats correct. It never finishes one regardless which one I try. Always shows progression, but the stops and retries. Does it three times and then errors.

I don't believe its the cable. It doesn't just go bad sitting there. It's never been touched or moved. Its connected to the Axe. If the cable was bad then Axe Edit would not work either. Axe Edit works.

Axe III Mark I.
Firmware 14.05
I'll hop on this train, too.

Tried to backup in prep for updating Axe FX III Mark I, Firmware 14.05 to 14.06.
Had FractalBot 3.05 installed (Windows 10), got the notice for an update, but didn't need what the update offered, so proceeded to backup.
The backup timed-out after the fourth attempt (status bar started 4x) to complete the System + Global Blocks + FC.
Tried a couple more times, and decided to install FractalBot 3.06. Same behavior.
Did a search and found this thread. Tried the suggestions: Different USB cable, reboot Axe FX III, reboot computer, try FractalBot from Axe Edit.
Using FractalBot from Axe Edit got me the farthest along on the status bar (91%), but still timed out.
I'll hold off on the Axe FX firmware update until I can do a backup.

Hope this helps! :)

I'll hop on this train, too.

Tried to backup in prep for updating Axe FX III Mark I, Firmware 14.05 to 14.06.
Had FractalBot 3.05 installed (Windows 10), got the notice for an update, but didn't need what the update offered, so proceeded to backup.
The backup timed-out after the fourth attempt (status bar started 4x) to complete the System + Global Blocks + FC.
Tried a couple more times, and decided to install FractalBot 3.06. Same behavior.
Did a search and found this thread. Tried the suggestions: Different USB cable, reboot Axe FX III, reboot computer, try FractalBot from Axe Edit.
Using FractalBot from Axe Edit got me the farthest along on the status bar (91%), but still timed out.
I'll hold off on the Axe FX firmware update until I can do a backup.

Hope this helps! :)

Yours is doing the same as mine. I'm not alone. Welcome to the club.

I have updated to the newest Fractalbot and started having the same issue. Timing out when it is backing up the cabs. never had an issue before till now

Regarding the possible effect of Windows 10 updates that might have affected FractalBot operation: My last successful FractalBot backup was 11/20/20, 5:37pm EST. My Windows update log says that the last automatic update was done on 11/20/20, but I don't know what time that happened. The update was KB4023057. (Odd, that particular Windows update doesn't show up in the list for allowing "uninstall" to be done, so I don't know how to uninstall it to check to see its effect.) Hope this is of some use... Thanks, John

Thinking about possible local permissions issues, I wonder if this trouble persists if you run the program as an Administrator by right-clicking it to launch and choosing, "Run as Administrator".

Same here with the firmware updating, no change running as Admin:

3.00.06 : "Begin" button stays grayed out;
3.00.05 : works fine.

Nothing grayed out for me. Both versions start but then time out after 3rd try regardless of what you try to back up.

I must point out that I was initially just trying to upgrade the firmware, so I'm in "Send Mode", not "Receive Mode" in F-B. I have not tried backing up cabs or whatever so far.

I have not tried updating to the new firmware yet as I have not been able to do a backup, so I'm unsure of what would happen if I tried to Send.

Back
Top Bottom