Fractal-Bot 2.9.0 Released

Michael Pickens

FAS Software Engineer
Fractal Audio Systems
Fractal-Bot 2.9.0 is now live on the website and auto-update.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot.php

PLEASE NOTE: Due to a recent change to our server, Fractal-Bot's auto-update feature may fail with a "Download error." message. If you receive this message please visit www.fractalaudio.com/fractal-bot/ to download and manually install the latest version.

Release Notes:

Added Axe-Fx III support.

Fixed a bug in the Axe-Fx II XL/XL+ backup in which backing up cab bank H incorrectly backed up cab bank G.

I'm new to the Fractal Community, and am utilizing an AX8 (which I've had for less than a week) for my musical needs. However, I've yet to link it up with Fractal-Bot for an update or anything like that. I've tried downloading and installing Version 2.9.0 for OSX but whenever I download it, it does not update. I've tried completely uninstalling Fractal-Bot, and re-installing, but when I do so, it feeds me the 2.8.5 software. I am not sure what is happening. Is anyone else having this issue, and perhaps can offer a solution?

What do you mean “feeds you”?
Alright, this is tough to explain so please bare with me:
1. I manually download the new 2.9.0 software for OSX
2. Automatically unzip, creates a folder Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p9p0
3. In that folder is the Fractal Bot manual, and Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p9p0.dmg, which I click
4. It opens & verifies, but the folder it opens is labeled Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p8p5.pkg, and it's actually a blank folder

Hope that helps you understand my issue.

Alright, this is tough to explain so please bare with me:
1. I manually download the new 2.9.0 software for OSX
2. Automatically unzip, creates a folder Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p9p0
3. In that folder is the Fractal Bot manual, and Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p9p0.dmg, which I click
4. It opens & verifies, but the folder it opens is labeled Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p8p5.pkg, and it's actually a blank folder

Hope that helps you understand my issue.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/fractal-bot/Fractal-Bot-OSX-v2p9p0.zip

that does not happen for me:
Screen Shot 2018-02-11 at 9.27.18 AM.png

RESOLUTION: I was using Firefox, but tried the download again on Chrome, and have just updated the software. Sorry for the trouble! Not sure why, but that did the trick! If anyone else has that issue, try a different web browser!

RESOLUTION: I was using Firefox, but tried the download again on Chrome, and have just updated the software. Sorry for the trouble! Not sure why, but that did the trick! If anyone else has that issue, try a different web browser!
you must have been opening an old directory on your computer. there is no way firefox would download something different when pointed to the same link.

Hello,
I've just successfully updated my Fractal-Bot to 2.9.0 and I've noticed an issue on backing up preset banks that wouldn't happen with the previous version : I usually select a back up of banks 17 to 32 and since the update Fractal-Bot systematically backs up Banks 1-16 AND banks 17-32 (though I made sure I didn't check the box 1-16). Has anyone noticed the same problem ? Thanks for your answers.

Back
Top Bottom